other sherlock channels

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
wow I must be dense. I just realized there's other sherlock channels than the ones in your toolbar. Accessed by clicking the Channels button then the Other Channels folder...

Things like LVL Quake 3 levels, VersionTracker, Project Guttenberg e-texts, iCalshare, and some others. Cool.

Apple should try to get more things in Sherlock that are condusive for searching like these. I'd think there's be more than the 20 or so handful thats up there now.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Heh. Never noticed that either.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by SonOfSylvanus

Heh. Never noticed that either.

So how come on my machine, there's only the 4 default channels and no "other channels" folder? I even reinstalled Sherlock from the CD using Pacifist and there's still only 4.

Also, anyone know of a good site to find other channels? They used to be easy to find, but since Panther, not so much.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    versiontracker is good, i found one there that lets me search for guitar tabs, and it's a pretty good one too.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    jabohnjabohn Posts: 582member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mattjohndrow

versiontracker is good, i found one there that lets me search for guitar tabs, and it's a pretty good one too.

I checked versiontracker, but most of the plugins appear to be out of date and don't work in Panther.

For some reason, I still don't have most fo the default channels though. My computer at work has them, but not my computer at home. Anyone know where the channels are stored or how to get them back?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    dviantdviant Posts: 483member
    see if these work...

sherlock://si.info.apple.com/sherlock3s/AppleChannels.xml?action=subscribe

sherlock://si.info.apple.com/sherlock3s/otherChannels.xml?action=subscribe
  • Reply 6 of 6
    k squaredk squared Posts: 608member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jabohn

I checked versiontracker, but most of the plugins appear to be out of date and don't work in Panther.

For some reason, I still don't have most fo the default channels though. My computer at work has them, but not my computer at home. Anyone know where the channels are stored or how to get them back?

For some reason I thought they were updated/downloaded dynamically. As for why one computer and not the other has certain plug-ins I don't know.