Coca Cola screw up consumers.

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

Our tap water here in chicago is not very good. In the summer it can taste really bad. We filter our water and there is a significant difference.

Depends on where it originates and how modern the filtration plant in your area is. Most towns that have Lake water and modern plants have very clean tasting water. However many municipalities in the suburbs cannot get access to Lake water because it is very expensive to pipe more than a suburb or two west of the Lake. In Illinois well water generally sucks because of the mineral makeup in the soil I think. Plus farm wastes (nitrates).
  • Reply 22 of 28
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

It's natural that you love this water La croix. La croix means The cross, a perfect water for any fellowship

Fellowship
  • Reply 23 of 28
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

Evian is at least mineral water. There is also good US mineral waters, with good properties. But water from let's say Paris will be a joke.

Personnaly i drink Volvic, and it's a tastefull water. I can pay for qualitie, but not for regular water.

Evian isn't mineral water, last I checked. At least not the stuff sold in the states. In the states Coca Cola sells a bottled water called Dasani. It's an extremely filtered water with some trace minerals added.

But Jersey water is just plain awful. Honestly, I think it's been shown to be the worst in the country. You need to hit it with the filter twice. . . Once isn't enough.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    They ranked tap water in bay area fairly low, but I think it tastes great compared to tap water from elsewhere. I drink Glaceau SmartWater when I need water on the go. It's spring water, but I don't really care. It has little to no taste, unlike Evian and some other brands. If you prefer bottled water to tap water, Arrowhead (spring water) is very cheap at Costco.

Incidentally, Jobs had a bottle of SmartWater in his jeans pocket on at the Apple Store San Francisco grand opening on Saturday.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

Evian isn't mineral water, last I checked. At least not the stuff sold in the states. In the states Coca Cola sells a bottled water called Dasani. It's an extremely filtered water with some trace minerals added.

But Jersey water is just plain awful. Honestly, I think it's been shown to be the worst in the country. You need to hit it with the filter twice. . . Once isn't enough.

I think that the french and US classification of water is different. Some tap water is pretty good, for example tap water in Grenoble taste like Evian, and it will be difficult to see a difference. I have visited once the site where they took the water in Grenoble. It was a restricted aera, there was huge and deep citerns of ten meters high. The water was so clear that you can see a piece of money under ten meters of water.

Some tap water are horrible, like the one of Paris or Limoges or Marseilles. In my town the tap water is not horrible but the network has some part in lead, so i am not confident in it, that's why i drink mostly Volvic.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Anyone seen that show "Bullshit" with Penn and Teller on HBO? They did a segment about bottled water that was hilarious.! They took a hose with crappy water and filled all sorts of different bottles and served them to people who were all like "oh the difference! This is more spirited! Blah blah!"
  • Reply 27 of 28
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

Depends where in NJ, though the choices are shrinking. To many people's surprise, Trenton, Newark and, yes, Camden water are very good. Camden actually has some of the best tap water anywhere because it's source is an underground lake almost a mile down that's still hasn't been affected by pollution and brownfields (yet). Now, why one would be in Camden to be able to taste the water is another matter. (My excuse is that my Dad grew up there, and his mother only recently moved out.) Princeton's is terrible though*, some of the worst I 've ever had, beaten in badness only by Boston water. When I lived in town, my eyes would burn when I took a shower from all the chlorine. Basically, if the local water company is Elizabethtown, you can bet on bad water. They took over water management in Hamilton nearby some years ago, and it went from good to Princeton very quickly.

*Everything that's municipally operated in Princeton sucks hardcore: the water, the roads, the sidewalks, the parking, the street lights, the police, the courts, the parks, etc. Then you get to the private sector and it sucks some more: the cable and satellite TV, the radio, the ISPs, the gas stations, the restaurants, the shopping, the landlords, the housing, etc. I swear Princeton residents cherish their frumpy, unkempt clothing, their disgusting food and crumbling infrastructure because they think it makes them look like a bunch of brilliant and absent-minded Einstein-alikes. [/end rant]