To AAPL 52 week high, and beyond!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
well, as of mid-day thursday, AAPL is within 50 cents ( and it's already gained 50 cents today) of its 52 week high. all we need now is a pmac revision, and i think that'll push it over the top. on to $35 a share!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 46
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    As of 4 Mar 2004, 12:50pm ET

Last price:24.46 up 0.54 (2.25%)

52-week range: 12.72 to 25.011

It's all good man... I wish I have a couple AAPL share... but my parents turn to HP.
  • Reply 2 of 46
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    The stock will probably not close at that level. There's usually some sel off at the end of the trading day. All of this has to do with some broker recommendations to "buy" and the, so-far, success of the iPod mini. Now, if Apple will introduce another "device" before summer things will get real interesting. iTMS in Europe will not have an immediate effect on the stock I believe because of start-up costs and low, if no profits initially. The iPod mini should do well, if it's priced lower then originally planned for Europe. Rumors are that it will match U.S. pricing rather then sell at a premium. Also look for redesigned regular iPods in a month or two just about when HP introduces their version. Now, I'm taking my mini out for a walk.

UPDATE: APPL closed at $25.16, up $1.24 for the day!
  • Reply 3 of 46
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

Now, I'm taking my mini out for a walk.

they have a pill for that now, you know.
  • Reply 4 of 46
    introducing new product does not guarantee the stock going up.
  • Reply 5 of 46
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Quote:

Also look for redesigned regular iPods in a month or two just about when HP introduces their version.

I suspect this is pure speculation on your part? Although it wouldn't surprise me to see Apple doing away with the row of 4 buttons across the top now that an under the wheel button has been designed.
  • Reply 6 of 46
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Yes pure speculation. However, Apple didn't go to the trouble of designing and patenting (well, patent pending according to the iPod mini box) a new scroll wheel design not to use it in the regular iPod and any upcoming devices.

New products, of course, don't guarantee the stock price rising. However, Apple is now perceived much differently then it was 2 years ago.

Eventually, they will be a Sony-style company with lots of consumer products. That's what SJ stated he envisioned when he returned. Computers are not the growth industry it once was and Apple recognizes that. Apple's R&D budget is very large and they do have things coming along outside of the computer area. It's just a matter of time.

I'd like to see APPL announce a stockholder dividend by the end of the year.
  • Reply 7 of 46
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Well at least there isn't a Stevenote around to send AAPL plummeting back down. It's nice to have my stock portfolio in the green for the first time in 4 years
  • Reply 8 of 46
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    While it is entirely possible and probably true that Apple is going to roll out some more consumer products this year and into the next few, they wont go too overboard. Steve has product teams and strategies very tightly focused, he has every cent being accounted for and Apple is vying to gain maximum efficiency and growth in these next years. Jobs will not go all Sculley on us, releasing anything that ever got development work, there is a rhyme and reason for what they do now (ignore the Cube, hehe).

I really think that Steve Jobs could be entering his final 5 or so years (give or take) as Apple's CEO. Depending on how well Apple is able to do in the next 5 years could determine his future as the leader of Apple. With Fred Anderson retiring, Jobs will be the last Apple employee that worked in the pre Sculley and Sculley era. Sometimes I really wonder how long S.J. is going to run Apple, I wish he could forever, unfortunately, so does Wall Street.

Oh hell, Steve will be around for 25 more years, yay!8)
  • Reply 9 of 46
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

UPDATE: APPL closed at $25.16, up $1.24 for the day!

thats awesome
  • Reply 10 of 46
    What the???

What's going on today? High of $27.49...so far?

WOW!

go aapl!
  • Reply 11 of 46
    macmediamacmedia Posts: 152member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ikDigital

What the???

What's going on today? High of $27.49...so far?

WOW!

go aapl!

WOOOO - fvcking - HOO!!!

Find it hard to believe that "something" isn't driving this up. iPod sales are great and all but it's gotta be more than that.

Chas
  • Reply 12 of 46
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Yeah, lemming mentality.

26.82 and dropping... is that a popping sound I just heard?

Anyone for a slide to 22?
  • Reply 13 of 46
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    I sat on my AAPL stock for over two years when the rest of the world was making money. It will take $19 to get me back in it. Or 8-10% market share, whichever comes first...
  • Reply 14 of 46
    I bought at 30. Pre-bubble, pre-split. I watched it go to 150 pre-split, then tank.

If it hits 30 again now, I've double my money, instead of quintupled it. You want painful? My sell price was 150. My 'stockbroker' kinda missed that one, and one day later it was in the toilet. I could have killed him. "Oh, yeah, I was gonna do that the next morning, but it was already way below it, so I hung onto it."

I'm still hangin'.
  • Reply 15 of 46
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

I bought at 30. Pre-bubble, pre-split. I watched it go to 150 pre-split, then tank.

If it hits 30 again now, I've double my money, instead of quintupled it. You want painful? My sell price was 150. My 'stockbroker' kinda missed that one, and one day later it was in the toilet. I could have killed him. "Oh, yeah, I was gonna do that the next morning, but it was already way below it, so I hung onto it."

I'm still hangin'.

I'm in the exact same boat, except, I *wanted* to buy at ~25, but the broker advised against it "niche market" and all that...so I watched the stock climb to 150 over the next few months, you can bet I was kicking something.

I ended up buying at 50, it went up to 100 again, split..climbed a little, a little more and I would sell...just a little...one day I wake up, check the stock, it's at $25...and it wasn't another split
  • Reply 16 of 46
    m.o.s.tm.o.s.t Posts: 255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Yeah, lemming mentality.

26.82 and dropping... is that a popping sound I just heard?

Anyone for a slide to 22?

AAPL Apple Computer, Inc.

27.01 +1.85 +7.35% 18.76 Mil

Last trade 12:32 PM ET

• Reply 17 of 46
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by M.O.S.T

AAPL Apple Computer, Inc.

27.01 +1.85 +7.35% 18.76 Mil

Last trade 12:32 PM ET

That volume is insane. It's already traded 4x as many shares as it usually does and there's still about 3 hours left in the trading day. What's going on?
  • Reply 18 of 46
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    I may have to sell when it hits $27...I only had $2500 to but into apple at the time, but I'll have made over $1500, so that is a good profit for my first stock purchase isn't it? I mean it's 160% of what I put in.

I don't know I may be greedy and see how far it goes up.
  • Reply 19 of 46
    Dunno. Everyone figures someone else has insider knowledge, and whoosh they go, right over that cliff.
  • Reply 20 of 46
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    I was hoping it is just going up because of how successful the iPod and iPod mini are.