Why are you a Republican?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm puzzled by the number of people who still support Bush. Personally, I think that it's embarassing to have such a complete moron as President of the United States. The only reasons to support Bush that I can think of are:

(1) you're not very bright yourself, so by comparison Bush seems reasonably intelligent,

(2) you're a Republican and you'll do anything to keep a republican president in office,

(3) you're doing well financially, so it's in your interest to have republicans in power (because of tax cuts for the wealthy).

Did I miss anything?

Now, I have a question for republicans: what is it that you like about republican policies/positions? To me, it seems like they're wrong on pretty much every single issue:

pro guns

pro corporations

pro wealthy

pro religion in public life

anti environment

anti abortion

anti gays

How can you possibly want to be a member of that party???

I don't get it. Help me understand.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    I am not a big fan of Bush, but your thread will lead to nowhere except flame war.

You bring on the table a stereotyped description of republicans, and they will offer you a stereotyped description of democrats.

As i am not a censor, i will watch this thread closely. However i don't know if it's like expectancy will be great. Excuse me for this professional advice , but the newborn is weak.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Yep, this has flame fest written all over it. I hope Powerdoc or another mod of AO will lock it. Calling people names isn't going to magically bring them over to your point of view. I'm a liberal and people on the forums know that from my posts. I take shots at the Republicans and the conservatives on the forums fire shots back.

I've been posting at AppleInsider for years, and I can honestly say, hands down, that this literally has to be the narrowest view of Republicans I have ever read on the forums. I don't know how you can believe all of the things that you've posted above.

If this is open long, I forsee a thread called, "Why are you a Democrat?" in the near future.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Fran441

Yep, this has flame fest written all over it. I hope Powerdoc or another mod of AO will lock it. Calling people names isn't going to magically bring them over to your point of view. I'm a liberal and people on the forums know that from my posts. I take shots at the Republicans and the conservatives on the forums fire shots back.

I've been posting at AppleInsider for years, and I can honestly say, hands down, that this literally has to be the narrowest view of Republicans I have ever read on the forums. I don't know how you can believe all of the things that you've posted above.

If this is open long, I forsee a thread called, "Why are you a Democrat?" in the near future.

Well Fran if you want to lock it , you can.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    [QUOTE]

Now, I have a question for republicans: what is it that you like about republican policies/positions? To me, it seems like they're wrong on pretty much every single issue:

Quote:

pro guns

Read the 2nd Amendment

Quote:

pro corporations

Are not most Americans employed by corporations...and receive their livelihoods from those organizations?

Quote:

pro wealthy

Whats wrong with wealth? I would love to be rich..and anyone who says they wouldn't...is a liar!

Quote:

pro religion in public life

No. I haven't seen *any* Republican in government proclaiming to be pro Buddhist, or pro Islam, or pro Hindu, or pro anything other than two of the world's hundreds of faiths...(Christianity and Judaism).

Quote:

anti environment

I'll give you that one.....

Quote:

anti abortion

Name me someone who is pro abortion! There probably isn't anyone on the planet who is "Pro abortion". Nobody wants to have an abortion....they are extremely traumatic, messy, expensive, and potentially dangerous. Abortions happen, legal or otherwise, and should Roe vs Wade be overthrown during the Bush administration, it's not going to stop women having abortions.

Quote:

anti gays

Really? what has Bush done that brings you to that conclusion? Anti gay-marriage is not necessarily anti-gay.

Quote:

How can you possibly want to be a member of that party???

I am not, and I am not a democrat either.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

. . . but the newborn is weak.

• Reply 6 of 8
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    The only thing that *really* irks me(as in enough to respond to this silly thread) is anti-environment, that's just selfish, and should not be tolerated.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    I have changed my mind. This thread is obviously worthless : it's close.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    I'm going to lock this.

*Click*