The Sopranos are back

homhom
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
The new season starts tonight, does anyone care? I used to be into this show big time, but it's been forever since there was a new episode and last season was a real let down. I'm going to watch, but I'm not too sure I'm excited about it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    I watched the first season quite a bit, but then we stopped paying for HBO and I haven't seen it since.
  • Reply 2 of 17
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    yeah, i got about half way through the 4th season and never finished. it just seemed to go downhill somehow.
  • Reply 3 of 17
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I'm not sure I care anymore either. It jumped the shark when that old woman died.
  • Reply 4 of 17
    I love the Sopranos and will order up HBO about 5 minutes before the show airs and then get rid of it when the credits roll on the last episode.

Steve Buscemi is joining the cast, so that should be cool.

I saw Lorraine Bracco walking downtown the other day, (she's in Chicago doing a play) and man, she is good lookin'!

she was coming at me in a crosswalk and i was like a deer in a pair of headlights.
  • Reply 5 of 17
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

I love the Sopranos and will order up HBO about 5 minutes before the show airs and then get rid of it when the credits roll on the last episode.

YES YES YES, i didnt realise that the start was tonight snd inshaft ur uh insight will not turn on hbo on sunday, their loss, o well i will just catch it tuesday

the SOpranos are increadible, way better than anything on network tv, i cant watch more than 5 minutes of nypd blue, or law and order, but the sopranos is unique and this season they get devorced and tony gets poped by the feds, that should be cool, and the violence, o sweet violentce
  • Reply 6 of 17
    sroachsroach Posts: 105member
    I thought last night episode was better then all of last season, I agree last season was a real let down after such a long wait.

SuperKarat, I agree Lorraine Bracco is a nice looking women but that was not her ass in that dream sequence!!!
  • Reply 7 of 17
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I asked my wife the same thing. Was that her ass? What about her boobs?
  • Reply 8 of 17
    My wife and I have watched all four seasons of the Sopranos together, and caught last nights episode as well. We enjoyed it. I wonder were the Feds/Adrianna storyline is going. Will Furio reappear? And so on.

My favorite episode is probably the one with Paulie and Christopher chasing that Russian guy through the woods while trying to kill and avoid being killed themselves.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    casecomcasecom Posts: 314member
    I just finished watching Season 4 ... not as good as 1-3 except for the season finale ("Whitecaps"), which kicked ass.

I don't get HBO, so I won't be watching Season 5 until it comes out on DVD.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    dviantdviant Posts: 483member
    Quote:

Steve Buscemi is joining the cast, so that should be cool.

That's reason enough for me to start watching again. Last season was so-so, I was getting tired of all the "Tony's family" stuff. I think splitting them up will have a positive aspect on the storylines.

We went and got Johnny Cascone's (really good local Italian place) carry out to eat while we watched the season premiere last night.

Episode was good! Love the final scene with Tony sitting out back with the automatic rifle and cigar. Claaaasic. hehe.
  • Reply 11 of 17
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    I better not read anymore slamming of the Sopranos or I'll personally "whack" each and every one of you fuscarettas and let my henchmen chop your bodies up and drop you in the ocean

Like anything else the Sopranos is a character based film. If you're expecting the Godfather every damn episode then you will be displeased.
  • Reply 12 of 17
    The scene where Dr. Melfi dreams of "doing it" with tony, looks to have used a "butt double" (and not very convincing, it looked like a young butt) but the breast shot was with her face so it was Bracco.

According to IMDB she's 54, so whatever her health regimen is, I say well done!
  • Reply 13 of 17
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Last night's episode was great. awesome way to kick the season off.

I broke out laughing when Paulie capped the waiter who was having a seizure. The weirdest shit happens when him and Chris are together.

Also the part where Tony and Carmela were talking about Furio and Tony said "and now the coffee maker sucks!" hahaha I love the subtle humor the Sopranos offers.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by gobble gobble

My wife and I have watched all four seasons of the Sopranos together, and caught last nights episode as well. We enjoyed it. I wonder were the Feds/Adrianna storyline is going. Will Furio reappear? And so on.

My favorite episode is probably the one with Paulie and Christopher chasing that Russian guy through the woods while trying to kill and avoid being killed themselves.

gobble gobble,

I missed a bunch of episodes after that chase through the woods. Whatever happened to that Russian guy? Did subsequent episodes tell?
  • Reply 15 of 17
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Quote:

Originally posted by fantastic happy dinner man

gobble gobble,

I missed a bunch of episodes after that chase through the woods. Whatever happened to that Russian guy? Did subsequent episodes tell?

Nope, he just disappeared never to be heard of again. This was one of the things that pissed me off.
  • Reply 16 of 17
    sh0ewaxsh0ewax Posts: 114member
    We were discussing this very topic @ work the other day, I work @ a coffee shop...so we yap lol...constantly. Anyway, someone mentioned that this is the last season of the show, is this correct? Why so?
  • Reply 17 of 17
    when paulie was retelling the story (about the russian in the woods) last night, i thought to myself......they're going to have to deal with the russian this season.

there'll be at least one more season after this. at least everyone is signed for one more.