Happy joy joy warm fuzzy stuff goes here I

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Happy joy joy warm fuzzies.

Ok... Warm fuzzy of the day: I was driving into school (saves time, money, I get more excercise and I can do more work at school) and as I was getting off the highway to turn onto yet another highway. This apparently mentally handicapped kid was selling roses at $5 a piece at the intersection. He would walk from car to car stare at the driver, after a few seconds move onto the next car. Mind you this intersection is in the middle of West Philly Refinery Hell, between the Sunoco refinery and the steel recycling junk yard. The fumes are often enough to paralyze me in my closed car so I wouldn't even wager a guess how people can survive on the street. The vacant stare of the kid was priceless, and brought a tear to my eye. Ah it warms the cockles of my heart.

Everytime I pass one of these rose sellers at this or any intersection, I can't help but think that I should buy the entire bucket and send them on their way from that hell...

Any other warm fuzzies?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    chu_bakkachu_bakka Posts: 1,793member
    That's a warm fuzzy? You're dark dude.

That was depressing.

My warm fuzzy is that when I walked my dog today someone asked if he was a puppy. He's 13! He's in really great shape though. He gets asked that all the time.
  • Reply 2 of 17
    Was that warm and fuzzy? I think I missed something.

Did you leave out the bit about where you actually purchased some roses, or are we supposed to feel warm and fuzzy over your observational skills?
  • Reply 3 of 17
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
  • Reply 4 of 17
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    No, I was joking... sort of.. the entire sequence of events made me feel like shit... no real warm fuzzies for me today... it was the only thing i could think of that sort of pulled my emotions one way or another (that and my ex-girlfriend being a bitch yet again... but this one has more human appeal)...

Warm fuzzies only from here on out I swear...
  • Reply 5 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by Akumulator

awww...
  • Reply 6 of 17
    Ok now I have one that is periferably related to the first story....

I sun sets over the Sunoco refineries from where I work, and today's sunset was as beautiful as ever, the range of colors is from the deep blues of the upper sky to the crisp pinks of pollution tainted clouds...

ok, maybe I am dark. But I can appreciate the sunset every day...
  • Reply 7 of 17
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Wow, you guys have no idea how to feel warm and fuzzy do you?
  • Reply 8 of 17
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I did a chick on an animal rug once.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

You great big humanitarian...
  • Reply 10 of 17
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

Did it peep?
  • Reply 11 of 17
    Animal rugs rub me the wrong way.
  • Reply 12 of 17
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Animals rugs me the wrong way.

Anyway. "Happy happy joy joy" was the name of an Orb tour some ten years ago. It was supposely named after a cartoon. Do anyone know it?
  • Reply 13 of 17
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Anyway. "Happy happy joy joy" was the name of an Orb tour some ten years ago. It was supposely named after a cartoon. Do anyone know it?

Ren & Stimpy

Song
  • Reply 14 of 17
    nebulousnebulous Posts: 193member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

That's totally a "Ren and Stimpy" reference. Ahh... I remember the days of Ren and Stimpy - quite the twisted cartoon. When I was little my sister and I always used to sing the Log song.
  • Reply 15 of 17
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    I hate those fvcking intersection vendors. In fact I've come close to 'pushing' them back to their rightful place on the curb more than once. I generally give them a good 'fvck off' or roll my window up whilst pointing at the light emphatically...indicating that I will kill them shortly under my wheels.

Ahhh.
  • Reply 16 of 17
    oh dear...
  • Reply 17 of 17
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by billybobsky

oh dear...

Whoops. Your right, this is a happy fuzzy thread...let me rephrase:

I *love* those cute intersection vendor types. They really put a smile on my face! In fact I've come close to 'hugging' them so hard one actually turned a light shade of blue! Cute!. I generally give them a good 'come here!' and then roll my window up whilst their head or arm is inside my car. Again the blueish tint in their face. Super cute! I think I might have *accidentally* rolled over one of the cute little buggers feet yesterday. You should have heard the yelp! Like music from the heavens I'd say. CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!

Ahhh.