Updates

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
When is Mac OS X.3.3 due out. When is the new, more up to date MSN messenger due out. When is Office 2004 due out.

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Between yesterday and the end of Eternity.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    A perfect example to showcase the need for a 'No new topic starts with less than 100 posts' rule.

That being said... Software never has a 'ready date' - it's "ready" when the programmers are finished and most (major) bugs are squashed (we like to think/hope anyway).

Sure, some Project Heads like to THINK they can dictate a finish date but you can't mandate them and expect to have anything good come from it. Kinda like demanding a writer to finish his Novel in 180 days. Sure I guess he could do it but I for one would expect anything 'great'...

Dave
  • Reply 3 of 8
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DaveGee

A perfect example to showcase the need for a 'No new topic starts with less than 100 posts' rule.

Unless spamming becomes a problem, I don't see why this rule is desirable. Trying to put newbies in their place or something??
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Anyhow, this should really be in Software. Software has seen its fair share of these, "Are we there yet?" threads.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Okay, to put an end to this nonsense (which, admittedly, I took part in), I'll try to answer those questions:

1. When is Mac OS X.3.3 due out? At this rate, never. It's been in the works for ages and still isn't released. But I'd expect less than a month, perhaps as early as a week from now.

2. When is the new, more up to date MSN messenger due out? Probably never. Or if so, it'll still suck. And if so, it won't be for a really long time anyway.

3. When is Office 2004 due out? I'm not sure, I'd guess sometime in 2004.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Newbie :P I am not a newbie. Far from it. I am a member of multiple forums, some of which I have over 1000 posts in each. I am simply lazy to use the search feature. I may be a newbie to this particular forum, but I am not a newbie to the general forum industry.

Perhaps being a moderator myself on one of these forums can help to raise my credibility.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Nah. That won't help your credibility. You'll have to earn it here, not somewhere else.

Mactopia has some information about Office 2004 for Mac.