iTunes up to "over 500,000"

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Maybe I missed a press release about this, but that sounds like a new claim - and like as much if not more than Napster's offering.

See the HP iTunes webpage, under the flash link "Music Store:"

http://www.hp.com/united-states/music/

edit: Man, talk about old news... Sorry.

I was impressed, anyway.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Old news...very old news.

But I see that you knew that already. Thanks anyway for sharing.

Maybe we'll see 1mil some day.

**DMB crosses fingers**
  • Reply 2 of 10
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Well, obviously Napster is adding songs every day too...

You know what would be cool though? A real-time counter for iTMS song downloads and total songs available just for us number freaks.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

You know what would be cool though? A real-time counter for iTMS song downloads and total songs available just for us number freaks.

This is something that I've wanted since iTMS was first released. The bonus is that there is already a place to put it. Put the song total at the bottom of the screen, how many days worth of music, and the total TB of music, just like the regular iTunes library.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Apple iTunes Feedback

Don't tell us, tell Apple!!!

Edited because I forgot how to type.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    Quote:

Will the artists be embarrassed by seeing zero on the real-time counter?
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kenneth

Will the artists be embarrassed by seeing zero on the real-time counter?

I don't think he is talking about a counter for individual song downloads...just the total amount of songs on the iTMS.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

I don't think he is talking about a counter for individual song downloads...just the total amount of songs on the iTMS.

I wouldn't mind that either tho...

there is no reason why there can't be at least a daily updating "download count" for each song... (in place of playcount)
  • Reply 8 of 10
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by HOM

This is something that I've wanted since iTMS was first released. The bonus is that there is already a place to put it. Put the song total at the bottom of the screen, how many days worth of music, and the total TB of music, just like the regular iTunes library.

Urgh, no, I wouldn't want it to be part of the app window. That's too much. It would be in a statistics page in the store pane itself. I wouldn't want to have something counting up endlessly in the base of the window that I would have to turn off in Preferences or something. It's not something I want to see all the time. It's also not something I think many artists would appreciate for individual songs. I would create a snowball effect. People would avoid certain less downloaded songs based on the numbers.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Ya I agree, using a counter like that could open up a very ugly can of worms for Apple.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Quote:

Urgh, no, I wouldn't want it to be part of the app window. That's too much. It would be in a statistics page in the store pane itself. I wouldn't want to have something counting up endlessly in the base of the window that I would have to turn off in Preferences or something. It's not something I want to see all the time. It's also not something I think many artists would appreciate for individual songs. I would create a snowball effect. People would avoid certain less downloaded songs based on the numbers.

I think you misunderstood me. I don't want a counter for individual songs or artists or anything like that. All I want is the same information that iTunes provides about the your library replicated to the iTMS. So the bottom of the screen would be the same as the Library view, but with iTMS stats.

503,568 Songs, 14.8 Years, 65TB, something like that.