Saddam's 2 sons fled to Syria before their deaths

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
NEWS

Friday, March 12, 2004 at 04:33 JST

NEW YORK ? Former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein's two sons fled to Syria after the U.S. invasion of Iraq but were expelled by the Syrian government and later killed by U.S. troops after a lengthy shootout in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul on July 22, USA Today reported Thursday.

Syrian Ambassador to the United States Imad Moustapha said his government "categorically denies" letting Uday Hussein and his brother Qusay into Syria. The report came as U.S. President George Bush's administration is poised to slap new sanctions on Syria. (Kyodo News)

Just like was always suspected.. [See DEBKAfile]

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    I wonder why those in the US gov have kept this info under wraps, until now.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by infedelguy

Well it's obvious that Syria is the next target.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    MORE

Looks like they were probably smuggling money/material into Syria before finally cornered by the coalition forces.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by infedelguy

I remember hearing about this when they were captured.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Hi Mika. Welcome back.

By the way, it's 'infidel, not 'infedel'.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    Syria, Iran and Pakistan are the usual getaways for these assholes anyway. Since Iran's earthquake we've been a little "soft" on Iran lately so we turn to Syria. Meanwhile, between the borders of Afganistan & Pakistan OBL sits in his cave/safehouse and laughs...*

All I got because this is such. old. news.

*Oh wait. We've already captured him and are waiting for the opportune moment to present him...
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by segovius

These wingnuts may not care about the environment Hassan but of all the bulbs in the box they certainly are the most energy compliant aren't they ?

What is the f****ing point of a thread on this ? To say Syria is a good guy because they wouldn't let them in ?

Or is this an Orwellian though-crime sort of deal - they wanted to go to Syria so Syria=bad ?

Oh...it's Mika.....my bad......

Jeez.

Actually, they did let them in. And not just once. But the brothers, being the greedy maniacs that they were went back for more and more and more. Finally, they were caught.

And point of this is, people are keeping score. Noting goes unnoticed. This would apply to the Pakis, Iranians, Syrians, Egyptians, and the rest of your brotherhood.

• Reply 8 of 11
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooods!
  • Reply 9 of 11
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    You rang?
  • Reply 10 of 11
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Huh?. Please don´t wake me while I am sleeping.

Do cats have nine lifes? Can the floridan alligator survive repeatable beatings with the admin stick? Apparently yes. But someday we will get it.