Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mrmister

...and you're not doing that, are you?

read the first post...
  • Reply 22 of 30
    Yes. I am not in college. However my cousin is, so he can get it for me. I'm just askign what they are asking to vertify it.
  • Reply 23 of 30
    After looking the thread over, I missed something that sounded very imporant to me.

If you choose a K-12 School (say, your High school) at the online Apple Store - they won't/don't ask for any ID - you just get the discount and they ship it out to you like any other purchase.

I do currently attend a k-12 school. Would I be able to get my laptop at that price? I am currently in JHS.
  • Reply 24 of 30
    gabidgabid Posts: 477member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Life-n-Death

I do currently attend a k-12 school. Would I be able to get my laptop at that price? I am currently in JHS.

Legally, no. The K-12 discounts are just for staff. For student discounts, you have to be at university or college.
  • Reply 25 of 30
    Oh, allright.
  • Reply 26 of 30
    patchoulipatchouli Posts: 402member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Life-n-Death

Oh, allright.

...but since you didn't know, and thought it applied to anyone in K-12, you can order it the easy way as no one will ask for verification. It's JUST as dishonest as someone using a 'cousin' or a 'friend' to buy it for them. I also can't help but feel that their EDU prices are where they should be at retail. But, like I said, I have a discount through my job (usually 10%) so I don't have to go there. If nothing else, it's like not getting charged tax or shipping and a little on the side.
  • Reply 27 of 30
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    Just have your cousin buy it... duh...
  • Reply 28 of 30
    Hah, help me buy the powerbook =P

I was looking through this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...EBWA%3AIT&rd=1

I'm very interested in that Powerbook. What should my max bid me? Should I place a bid there first of all?
  • Reply 29 of 30
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    ? I don't trust ebay computer sellers (sorry murbot)...
  • Reply 30 of 30
    That seller looks like he can be trusted. I've looked over his feedback, and it looks like he has been selling Apple computers for quite a while.