Looking for a Sound Forge like app for OS X

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
What is a good substitute for Sound Forge that is Mac OS X Compatible.

Does anybody even know what sound forge is in here?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Garage Band maybe?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    Peak

from www.bias-inc.com

or the low cost newcomer

DSP Quattro

http://www.i3net.it/Products/dspQuat...sp?Language=EN
  • Reply 3 of 7
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Well what I'm actually looking for is something I can mic my voice, and process it to sound like many different people even women's voices. Could I do that in logic, or something less expensive? Can peak do that?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

Well what I'm actually looking for is something I can mic my voice, and process it to sound like many different people even women's voices. Could I do that in logic, or something less expensive? Can peak do that?

Hmmmm pitch shifting huh. Check out www.celemony.com and listen to some of their samples. It's supposed to be an excellent pitch shifter for voice. They even sell a cheaper version that handles one track. Perfect for just voice work.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

Hmmmm pitch shifting huh. Check out www.celemony.com and listen to some of their samples. It's supposed to be an excellent pitch shifter for voice. They even sell a cheaper version that handles one track. Perfect for just voice work.

Cool app hmurchison. I think I need to research this more though. The app does some unique things with pitch-shifting no doubt about that, but I'm thinking there has to be some app specifically made for this stuff, that is extremely convincing yet easy to get results from.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

Looks like Digital Performer might be for you :

Digital Performer's PureDSP functions provide independent control over the duration and pitch of audio files with exceptional sound quality. Tempo-conform drum loops, add vocal harmony or even gender-bend vocal tracks

happy motu user myself :: www.motu.com
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by macanoid?

happy motu user myself :: www.motu.com

Is that so. Have you tried manipulating your own voice with it at all?, and is it convincing?