Future iLife Update Request

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
iMovie:

1) Create a iMovie Movie Store just like iTunes Music Store. Have it integrated right in with the rest of the application.

2) Create better iMovie templates for .Mac. The current ones are stale.

iTunes:

1) Faster burning of CD's.

2) Longer Pepsi Promotion

3)

iPhoto:

1) LOWER THE PRICE FOR BUYING PICTURES!!!

2) Import capability for the movies taken with digital cameras. If not here, make it super easy for iMovie.

iDVD:

1) More Templates: port over templates from DVD SP 2.

2) Support all combo drives, this is hardware based, but dvd-r is not the only format.

3)

Garageband:

1) just include JamPack. Buying that seperately is just too much. Make it easy.

New iLife Components:

iTV: Connects to and works with DVR. Allows easy programming for recording. Also allows you to log in and watch your programs over the web or over LAN. Since we are now paying for iLife, with this software Apple and your DVR provider would share some of the revenue and therefor you don't have to pay as much of the DVR's providers monthly charge as one would normally.

iPhone: Allows you to manage your phone and answering machine. Recieves calls and records, similar to the very old Apple Phone Software from 1996. These software combined with a Class 1 or Class 2 Bluetooth ear piece would be highly used feature. Add a remote login and management feature for getting messages from the road.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    All cool.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Ya all of those are wicked ideas. Cant see a few of them like the iMovie store or the iTV being done any time soon, but I would definately like to see them in a few years when the technology has been develped to make them possible (like super high bandwidth internet and really big hard drives).
  • Reply 3 of 5
    cooopcooop Posts: 390member
    IF a movie store were in the works, it wouldn't be integrated within iMovie, but Quicktime instead. iMovie is a video editor, not a video manager (i.e. the difference between iTunes and GarageBand).
  • Reply 4 of 5
    cam'roncam'ron Posts: 503member
    3 minutes is too slow for u to burn a cd? im quite content with that and itunes has nothing to do with how fast it burn. all about how fast the burner is. i think they are 32x right now. u could throw a 48x in your comp and knock it down to just over 2 minutes.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cam'ron

3 minutes is too slow for u to burn a cd? im quite content with that and itunes has nothing to do with how fast it burn. all about how fast the burner is. i think they are 32x right now. u could throw a 48x in your comp and knock it down to just over 2 minutes.

i've seen them as high as 52x, but good luck finding media rated to burn that fast without errors.