Gauntanamo Redux

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
OK, quick update.

3 of the British people in Gitmo had been accused being in a video of Bin Laden but denied it (one was working in the Tipton branch of Currys you see). "You can check our stories very easily," they said. Not the answer the Marines wanted to hear. "You could have had someone working for you and falsified the records."

So they got beaten up until they said things the US wanted to hear.

They all eventually decided that it was probably better to say, "Yes, that was me." At which point they were on their way to death row maybe; they spent 3 months in solitary.

Luckily, MI5 brought along the evidence to show the US that they'd been lying. Lying about being in the video that is, telling the truth before they'd been beaten up. They'd been in the UK.

What about the others, who are going to be killed by the US, who are also totally innocent but don't have MI5 to prove their confessions are bullshit?

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_ne...168937,00.html

"You'd look at these guys in their shorts and polo shirts and think: 'This guy's an interrogator? He's only 20 years old,' says Rasul. 'About two months ago one guy asked me: "If I wanted to get hold of surface-to-air missiles in Tipton, where would I go?" I started arguing with him. Did he really think I lived in some sort of war zone. I was scared in the interrogations but towards the end the questions just seemed stupid.'"

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Pure propaganda from the Guardian.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    This is scary. One year after this captures, US should do something about Guantanamo. Law must prevail
  • Reply 3 of 14
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Pure propaganda from the Guardian.

Let's put money on it. There are plenty of escrow betting services; I might as well make some money off your blinkers.

Here's the deal: ?100 says this is confirmed within 3 months. Agree and we can fill in the details.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Harald

Here's the deal: ?100 says this is confirmed within 3 months. Agree and we can fill in the details.

That'll be roughly $130 USD, just so you know.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    But for how long?
  • Reply 6 of 14
    Hello?

Money / mouth proximity inquiry for Mr. Scott!
  • Reply 7 of 14
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Harald

Hello?

Money / mouth proximity inquiry for Mr. Scott!

Cmon, you cant expect anything fair and balanced from Scott....the one who perpetually endorses bad behavior on the part of the US govt, and then has the gall to claim that anyone who disagrees with him is "anti-American"...when the opposite is more the case.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sammi jo

Cmon, you cant expect anything fair and balanced from Scott....the one who perpetually endorses bad behavior on the part of the US govt, and then has the gall to claim that anyone who disagrees with him is "anti-American"...when the opposite is more the case.

Go spread some more hate filled lies about the US. How 'bout the "US gave $40 million to the taliban" one. Or maybe about how there's more proof to implicate Bush in 9-11 than bin Laden.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Go spread some more hate filled lies about the US. How 'bout the "US gave $40 million to the taliban" one. Or maybe about how there's more proof to implicate Bush in 9-11 than bin Laden.

How about you back up your claims with (roughly) $130 USD?
  • Reply 10 of 14
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    Hmmm...scott is like...

[IMG]http//www.artshack.com/nicholson.gif[/IMG]

"Truth? You couldn't handle the truth!"

All I got...and sincere apologies to Jack Nicholson...

Well, can't seem to post images...fukkit. What a waste of effort. You win scott, kiss my ass...
  • Reply 11 of 14
    Hey Scott, here are another couple of sources for you to dismiss because they don't fit the way you would like to view the world.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    Was that a derail attempt Scotty? Could be. I never claimed those things fella.

I DO claim that you don't believe in your position over this issues.

Money.

Mouth.

?100.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    I've read accounts in three different sources now.

The people were kept without trial for two years. They had no chance to have their innocence or their guilt tested independently. How can anyone possibly be surprised that mistakes were made? Apparently MI5 had to show up with evidence that one of the guys was enrolled at University before the Americans decided that the 'confession' he made could not be true. Another of the men released has apparently had an arm amputated.

The Americans ****ed up. I hope that these men sue the American government for millions and millions of dollars; I hope they start suing them now and that the case begins right in the middle of the Presidential elections.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    Oh, and Scott: if you're so convinced that this is 'propaganda' take Harald up on his bet. Do it now. Strike a blow for the facts! America's been dragged through the mud for too long and now it's time to stand up and be counted. It's practically a duty, no?

Stand up for your nation. Prove a point, proud American. Say 'yes' to Harald's bet. Don't run away from this fight. That's practically French.