Tabbed Browsing in iTMS...

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
What does everyone think of having tabbed browsing added to the iTMS, like there is currently in Safari. I think it would be easier to navigate, and it would be a way to remember which songs to listen to prior to buying.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Oh geez...you've gone and done it. You better watch your back because Eugene is gonna come find you and burn your house down. Good luck. I'm all about tabs in Safari and other browsers, but they aren't needed in the iTMS, try enabling the shopping cart, that should make things easier to remember.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    cubs23cubs23 Posts: 324member
    when I would use the shopping cart, would the free songs from Pepsi be taken off, or would they be charged to credit card? I question b/c I know if you click buy album, it charges your card, not your free songs.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    It depends on if your shopping cart has albums in it, or just single tracks. Tabbed browsing in the iTMS would be just totally absurd.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cubs23

What does everyone think of having tabbed browsing added to the iTMS, like there is currently in Safari. I think it would be easier to navigate, and it would be a way to remember which songs to listen to prior to buying.

Good God why? Tabbed browsing is a UI abomination and has no place in any Apple software including Safari.

• Reply 5 of 14
    low-filow-fi Posts: 357member
    Quote:

Originally posted by HOM

Good God why? Tabbed browsing is a UI abomination and has no place in any Apple software including Safari.

Good job you are not forced to use them, then

Oh boy, a can of worms has been opened here...

Eugene in 3...2...
  • Reply 6 of 14
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Originally posted by HOM

Why, too Multiple Document Interface for you?
  • Reply 7 of 14
    Wow, this is gunna get ugly.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I think it's a fantastic idea. (Keyword being optional) Browser style tabs could be incorporated into anything that can open more than one window/project/document at a time.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    I don't really see a big need for tabs in iTMS but I would love to see them in iChat.

At any given time I have 6-8 chat windows open, and it's just...screen clutter. I would much rather have a row of tabs on the side of the buddy list that maybe juts showed the persons first name, or their icon, and they would light up when you get a new message(as well as bouncing dock icon) and it would be great! and I'd use it all the time.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

I don't really see a big need for tabs in iTMS but I would love to see them in iChat.

At any given time I have 6-8 chat windows open, and it's just...screen clutter. I would much rather have a row of tabs on the side of the buddy list that maybe juts showed the persons first name, or their icon, and they would light up when you get a new message(as well as bouncing dock icon) and it would be great! and I'd use it all the time.

Thats a great idea. It would save space on your screen and it wouldnt be as annoying to try and find a particular window. Not to mention, typing something in the wrong window would be gone forever (unless you arent really paying attention at all).
  • Reply 11 of 14
    Quote:

*cue link to Adium 2*

Dude, your prayers have been answered.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    That would work, except, it's not iChat, and I *really* like iChat(UI, address book sync, AV)
  • Reply 13 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlyafterdark

.... (unless you arent really paying attention at all).

the cause of typing in the wrong window
  • Reply 14 of 14
    Quote:

That would work, except, it's not iChat, and I *really* like iChat(UI, address book sync, AV)

Well, the UI is highly customizable and it does integrate with Address Book. If you want the AV capabilities, though, I guess Adium is not for you yet.