• Reply 21 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by COS

Do it Steve!
  • Reply 22 of 32
    rmendisrmendis Posts: 71member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chucker

You see, even though Taligent / Pink had similar goals NeXT did have, the outcome was quite the contrary...

Taligent is evidence that beyond the simple PowerPC partnership between IBM & Apple, nothing more strategic will ever be successful.

It's good that Apple and IBM keep this healthy relationship alive. The G5 is an excellent example of what the companies can do working together.

However, anymore intimate and it would spell doom most certainly for Apple and the PowerPC...

...if and when Apple gets around to choosing a partner for the high end graphics and 3D markets, i doubt that it will be IBM. I'm betting that it will be (an acquisition of) SGI...
  • Reply 23 of 32
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    rmendis that's an odd thing to say.

Agreed BobtheTomato.

Quote:

What is it with all the cats?

Because they're fücking awesome.

About leaving out certain cats: You forgot two Great Cats. So I propose 10.4...Snow Leapard! Or Clouded Leopard! Two kickass cats left out. One worded cats make for better soundbytes but if Apple comes back to its senses and stops getting turned on by metal a Clouded Leopard or Snow Leopard OS X box and X would look cool. Perhaps having a snow leopard or clouded leopard eating longhorned cattle?

I don't like how the fur is inside glass though but who knows what'll happen. Of course the Pink Panther would be pimptastic.
  • Reply 24 of 32
    jimzipjimzip Posts: 446member
    Quote:

Originally posted by : ast3r3x

everyone was saying they wanted to see black fur on the X for OS X...perhaps u'll see pink fur

Black fur says you?

Black fur! Makes I..

Jimzip

Looks kind of like an 80's singer hairstyle!! I should have made it shorter!
  • Reply 25 of 32
    ooh, ooh! Do "LoCash" in a crazy hair style. I would so totally be happy! I mean, OS 10.4 is totally going to be named after me.

10.4: LoCash

See, it's fate.
  • Reply 26 of 32
    bigbluebigblue Posts: 341member
    ROTFL !

To stay in cat paradigms, this should be called OS X Hairball
  • Reply 27 of 32
    Well... You asked for it..

Meeeeooow!!!

I thought I'd go a little more retro.. :P

Jimzip
  • Reply 28 of 32
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    That's hilarious.
  • Reply 29 of 32
    I have been immortalized. How very cool.
  • Reply 30 of 32
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    Quote:

Originally posted by LoCash

I have been immortalized. How very cool.

in Purple and Orange Shag...

can we call you Shaggy, now?

--

Hey Jimzip... what'd you use to build it?
  • Reply 31 of 32
    mugwumpmugwump Posts: 233member
    OS X 10.4 Lynx, in pimpin' fur. Snoop Dogg as the spokesman...

This thread is too hilarious -- reminds me of those wacky sticker cards that would spoof actual products.
  • Reply 32 of 32
    I used Lightwave 3D and Sasquatch. Great combo...

I can change the colour if you'd like.. I ended up with a Sully (Monsters Inc.) colour scheme at one time..

Jimzip