What are some good games on OS9

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
My G4 has OS9 bootability and I would like to moke the most out of it, gamewise. What are some good games for OS9. Availability is not a problem, I have my ways to buy them I ever wanted to get any.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    Escape Velocity

Escape Velocity: Override

Escape Velocity: Nova

I'm curious, though. Why choose OS9 over OSX? You're limiting yourself to the games (and applications in general) of yesteryear by choosing to stick with 9.
  • Reply 2 of 18
    daverdaver Posts: 496member
    In no particular order...

Warcraft III

Deus Ex

Unreal Tournament

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault

Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Civilization III

Tropico

The Sims series

Baldur's Gate series

Quake III

Myth series

Marathon series

... and a whole lot more that I've forgotten about, depending on how far back you look.
  • Reply 3 of 18
    zodiaczodiac Posts: 138member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

Escape Velocity

Escape Velocity: Override

Escape Velocity: Nova

I'm curious, though. Why choose OS9 over OSX? You're limiting yourself to the games (and applications in general) of yesteryear by choosing to stick with 9.

The G4 dual boots. I'll use OSX a lot more than OS9 for everything but I do want to play old games on OS9 once in a while.
  • Reply 4 of 18
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    I will post someones I like very much: Pacman family .

PacMac Deluxe. Shareware.

Ms. MacPerson. Shareware.

Pac the Man (this one comes in a very nice OS X version, that works on OS 9 too). Free.

I think Ms. MacPerson is the most hard of all, as it gives you one life at 20000 points and the next life is at 100000 points .

PacMac Deluxe is just incredible: comes with thousands of levels AND level editor to create your own ones! Shareware, but worth the money.
  • Reply 5 of 18
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Oh, yeah, Tetris. Tetris Max 2.9 in particular. Simply the best tetris for the Mac. Although I personally prefer the older 2.8 version.
  • Reply 6 of 18
    fluffyfluffy Posts: 361member
    I love the original Unreal. The tournament games just don't have the atmosphere of the original. Myst is a classic Mac game. If you like RPGs, the Fallout series is good. Falcon 4 if you like flight sims (be sure to apply the patches).
  • Reply 7 of 18
    Unreal Tournament, Deck 16.

Starcraft.
  • Reply 8 of 18
    fahlmanfahlman Posts: 740member
    Glider is a simple, fun, and addictive classic game.

Also, Maelstrom is still the best shareware game ever!

Lemmings was also a great game that you can play for hours. Here is a suspect link.

At that same site look for Prince of Persia.

WARNING: Download from the-underdogs.org at your own risk. First, those two games are still copyrighted material, I assume, and second, you don't know what your really getting when you download from there.
  • Reply 9 of 18
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    DOOM

Total Annihilation
  • Reply 10 of 18
    Glider isn't copyrighted anymore. More info here: Link
  • Reply 11 of 18
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Unreal. The original, none of this 2k4 tournament crap...it's all about the original. Even though you have to buy it and it's probably really hard to find. If your looking for a free one, Prince of Persia is the greatest game in the history of the world, go for that.
  • Reply 12 of 18
    Dont forget flashback, and the tombraiders if yer can find the original 3
  • Reply 13 of 18
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    spin doctor!
  • Reply 14 of 18
    Is Dark Castle avaliable in either OS 9 or X?
  • Reply 15 of 18
    Is GTA 3 for OS9 or X?
  • Reply 16 of 18
    Vice city too.
  • Reply 17 of 18
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    If you don't have a playstation. . . .

Virtual Game Station runs very well on anything higher than a Bondi Blue iMac. Of course, you'll have to find it first. . . .

• Reply 18 of 18
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    i have a copy of it, i also have a whole bunch of roms for NES/SNES and the emulators if you want them