Warranty

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
If I purchase an Apple Product from an Apple Store and I receive an Apple Receipt in the USA, am I covered under this warranty in Canada. I am buying an Isight when I go to USA this weekend as it's the same price at full retail as it is here for the Student Pricing which I am not eligible for until next year. I wanted to know, will I have warranty problems in Canada if the need to use it arises. I know with my Ibook, the APP plan covers me pretty much anywhere in the world where this is an Apple service centre.

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Anyone. US Apple Care is useless and Canada "thinks" it's valid.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    the iSight has a warranty?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Here's the nitty gritty:

Apple Limited Warranty - iPod and iSight

That doesn't mention moving outside the country you purchased it, though. \
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

the iSight has a warranty?

I meant, even if its a standard 30 day manufacturers defect. I don't wanna get home, the camera doesn't work, and I have to drive back to Buffalo NY. Even though I'll have my ibook with me, who knows what will happen when I actually get home.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Im...-post1997.html

There it is. It's the STANDARD warranty policy for Apple Hardware. I went on the Canadian site, and clicked iSight warranty and this is where it brought me.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by WorldIRC

http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Im...-post1997.html

There it is. It's the STANDARD warranty policy for Apple Hardware. I went on the Canadian site, and clicked iSight warranty and this is where it brought me.

I think the store is giving you the wrong link. See the link I posted above.

If you see here:

Apple - Sales and Refunds Policy

It says:

Quote:

PRODUCT WARRANTY

All new Apple hardware products, including clearance and refurbished products, carry a one-year Limited Warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. You may review a copy of the Limited Warranty on new products, including its limitations and exclusions, before you purchase, by clicking the appropriate link below.

One-year limited warranty for new products except iPod and iSight

One-year limited warranty for iPod and iSight

Note that there are two separate links. The first one (new products except iPod and iSight) goes to the link you posted. The second goes to the link I posted:

Apple Limited Warranty - iPod and iSight
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Ok, ok, I will call the US store again. Hopefully they can help.