Is it true that Rockstar Games is being sued?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I have heard rocksatr cames was being sued by the real haitons making their image look bad in vice city. If it is true do you think we will ever see another grand theft auto game? Im sorry if i put this in the wrong forum. I was considering appleoutsider but it said none tech related. Since video games are tech i put it hear.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    chaserchaser Posts: 63member
    I don't know but Grand Theft Auto Series are the best games! I sure hope not!
  • Reply 2 of 11
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Hey, those Haitians I ran over in my Phoenix -asked- for it!

They started spraying lead with an Uzi, what was I to do?

Besides, I've killed Italians, Blacks, Cubans, white bikers and more sterotypical generic white people than you can shake a stick at.

I'd sue if my minority -wasn't- represented in the game.

Wait! It isn't!

Where are all the Irish??

I'm suing....

• Reply 3 of 11
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnq

Where are all the Irish??

Completely off their faces at pubs. Well, in real life anyway.

Barto
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Barto

Completely off their faces at pubs. Well, in real life anyway.

Barto

It's that kind of racist stereotyping that will land you in court mister!

It's not true. Often we drink at home or at a bar....NOT a pub. (If the pub is too full, say)

Some of use even suck down a Guinness draft in a can or 2 in the refrigerated room at the back of the local liquor store...when no one is looking.

So THERE.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Clearly going into AppleOutsider territory. Moving now.

BTW, nevermind the Haitians, how about those freakin' Triads! I've killed more of those bastards than I can remember.

• Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:

Next stop: Film and T.V. and books and Internet and thought.

What's my reward now for being a responsible, free adult who can distinguish between reality and fantasy? Oh, be punished as if I'm a criminal or child or both.

Chipping away at our rights? You bet.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    ganondorfganondorf Posts: 573member
    **** it, rights are overrated.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    "Kill all the Lawyers."

Anyways...whatever. I have also read that Take-Two Interactive Software is being investigated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission into its accounting practices...and that two families are looking into (or are) suing them because their two teens played GTA3 and then went out with a rifle & scope to a roadway and started their own sniper mission injuring a few people in the process...well, where and how did they:

1. Obtain the game since it is rated M for Mature.

2. Obtain a freaking rifle with a scope...daddy?

3. Have parents that were ignorant (stupid) enough NOT to see that these games aren't for kids.

I've noticed that compared to GTA3, Vice City is a lot tamer than GTA3...GTA3 is nasty after completing the game...everyone's out to kill you not just one gang.

Don't get me going on Rockstar's Manhunt...I tried that one at a friend's and it is sick...it's a stealth game...the only thing you've got to kill your enemies in the beginning...is a plastic bag...

Oh, do I want to OWN this game. They've announced the new GTA San Andreas game for this Fall so I guess they weathering all this bullshit fine.

• Reply 10 of 11
    How are video games NOT works of fiction protected by the 1st amendment?

They are basically interactive motion pictures.

The only Haitians I've heard were killed lately were killed by other Haitians, thank you Aristide, Aristide thugs, anti-Aristide thugs, looters, and everyday Haitians.

Oh but it would be unfair to take a few isolated incidents and extrapolate future behavior, right?

If it's true for Haitians or any group then it's true for players of violent video games.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Quag please spell words correctly. Also this maybe true but, Grand theft auto san andreas is coming out in october.