iSight

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I will be in the USA this weekend and while I am there, I will pick up an iSight as it is about 20bux cheaper then in Canada. Anyways, few questions. What port does it use on my Ibook. Does it come with the appropriate cables. Will it work on Windows. If yes, with what ports. Will it ONLY work with Ichat AV or will it work with any other IM software that has video support. Will it work in normal video capture programs for taking pictures of items I post on ebay.

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 2 of 12
    Yes.. the sight says the iSight requires iChat AV just as MSN "requires" a Logitech camera for the camera feature even though you can use any Windows compatible web cam.

I see it will only work on OS X and I see the Firewire cable is included. So the only thing left is which messenger clients should it "technically" work on. And will it do capturing. I am hoping it will work on MSN as the next version "should" have camera support.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    It works with Yahoo, iChat, The latest version of iMovie and also there is some other third party capturing apps that it will work with such as iRecordNow.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    and provided MSN has camera support, should it work? Does ICQ (not that I use it much) have camera support?

How does the quality of this camera compare to the Logitech Messenger Notebook Pro at like half the price.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    I have not used the logitech camera so I can't really comment on that. Any program in OS X that supports a camera should support the iSight. Right now MSN does not.

I made a quick movie with my iSight of my subs flexing to show the frame rate and such if you want to see it.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    I sent you a PM
  • Reply 7 of 12
    I sent you an e-mail
  • Reply 8 of 12
    I forgot to mention that little clip was made before the firmware update which made a visual improvement in the picture quality.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    Here's a question I was wondering. I am able to capture video from my camera using imovie. However, is there a way to capture video from a videochat where I can capture the other person's video as well? Haven't figured out how to do that yet (if it is possible).

Kyle P
  • Reply 10 of 12
    I think you would have to use something like snapz pro for that.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by SilentEchoes

I think you would have to use something like snapz pro for that.

Yup.

<insert praise about Snapz Pro X>

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/snapzprox/

Get it. Now!
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Thank you very much, just the sort of thing I was looking for.