One of those girls...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
the kind that just blow you away when you see them, has been seen by me. Well, anyway...what I want to ask advice about is how to go about getting her comfortable with me. I see her everyday at school for one class. We used to sit on opposite sides of the room and I took the opportunity the a day she was absent to move into a seat near her. I just will tell her it was because i was talking to too much, and the teacher moved me, if she asks me why I was moved. The thing is, there are only like 9 weeks left in the school year, of my senior year in high school, prom is coming up and shes totally untaken. Maybe go out on a limb and ask her?

How does anyone sort of slowly move from being casual talkers to asking someone to a formal ocassion?

haha im so immature about this shit.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 106
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

the kind that just blow you away when you see them, has been seen by me. Well, anyway...what I want to ask advice about is how to go about getting her comfortable with me. I see her everyday at school for one class. We used to sit on opposite sides of the room and I took the opportunity the a day she was absent to move into a seat near her. I just will tell her it was because i was talking to too much, and the teacher moved me, if she asks me why I was moved. The thing is, there are only like 9 weeks left in the school year, of my senior year in high school, prom is coming up and shes totally untaken. Maybe go out on a limb and ask her?

How does anyone sort of slowly move from being casual talkers to asking someone to a formal ocassion?

haha im so immature about this shit.

1) Shave your head.

2) Ask her to the prom.

3) ????

4) Profit!!!

You have 'equal opportunity', with the rest of your male classmates, to ask her out. Haha ... sorry.
  • Reply 2 of 106
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    depends wether she digs guys with bald heads i guess
  • Reply 3 of 106
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    Quote:

The thing is, there are only like 9 weeks left in the school year, of my senior year in high school, prom is coming up and shes totally untaken. Maybe go out on a limb and ask her?

Yes. But if you have a few weeks take your time. When she sees you've moved closer to her...she'll know why...don't lie. Tell her you wanted to get to know her. Go out after class and have a coffee/cigarette/whatever and talk. Get to know each other for a few days/weeks and then see how things go. If the situation seems comfortable then ask her. Hell, ask her if she'd rather NOT go to the prom and go somewhere else instead.

IMO...proms mean nothing...just a stupid ritual. I didn't go to mine. Seems I handle the rest of what life gives me without it. Everyone (girls especially) LOVES attention. Moving closer to her is the first signal to her. Rest is up to you to whether she'll be interested in you.

Good Luck.

• Reply 4 of 106
    rick1138rick1138 Posts: 938member
    Just ask her out.
  • Reply 5 of 106
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Just ask her out, randomly, casually.

Yeah, I know, easier said than done.

I had a crush on a girl in school for six years, and it wasn't until spring of senior year that I finally asked her out... and while we were 'just friends', it was one of the best dates I've ever been on. (And years later, when I met her husband, the way she introduced me was "This is my old friend from high school, the one I went on the scooter with in my prom dress? That was still the most fun I've had on a date..." To her *husband*.

FWIW, I had rented a tux for some senior pictures, and had it for a day longer than I expected. So I called her up out of the blue, and asked if she wanted to go to dinner all formal like. I made reservations at three restaurants, not knowing what she might be in the mood for, then when I showed up at her place said "Or we could throw your scooter in the back of my Jeep, and go see what trouble we can get into."

So we have me in my tux, and her in her prom dress, both riding a tiny Honda Spree around town. She's got her legs wrapped around my waist (woot!) and is holding down the skirt with her arms.

We ended up getting Happy Meals, eating them on the McPlayground, and playing on the equipment in formals.

And then we went bowling at the local blue collar alley. We got the *best* looks.

We had a *blast*.

And it was probably the most spontaneous date I've ever *not* planned in my life.

Just relax, and ask her to go do something crazy.
  • Reply 6 of 106
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Don't mention your views on women, politics, gay rights, religion, civilization and life, the universe and everything and you should be all set.

Bring the iPod mini!

Either she will be intrigued by it because she's a poor PC user not familiar with Apple or she digs Apple and you'll have it made.

Just as long as she doesn't think they are for insular pampered geeks.

But if she doesn't like Apple or iPod you don't want her anyway.

Just remember your name is Chris and not Messiahtosh, mkay?
  • Reply 7 of 106
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    Great and funny responses, I love you guys!
  • Reply 8 of 106
    BTW, I am not bald! I am unoticeably thinning. Only I would notice, really..I'll show you a pic, haha. I'm just way to conscious about it.
  • Reply 9 of 106
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    I'm not bald he says what a crock

you're as bald as billy corgen
  • Reply 10 of 106
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

I'm not bald he says what a crock

you're as bald as billy corgen

LMFAO!! That image will haunt me til the day I die.
  • Reply 11 of 106
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Whatever you do, don't show up at her house drunk at 4 AM ready to tell her how you feel. Well, actually, it worked alright for me I guess, except she had a boyfriend by the time I decided to do so... Either way I can't see that being a good idea.
  • Reply 12 of 106
    To prove I'm not bald! Ahh hell who could refuse me? haha

• Reply 13 of 106
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    strangely, when I was about 19, my hair started to fall out in large quantities everytime i touched it, this really freaked me out, and one day i even counted them and deduced that in an average head of hair, i would be completely bald by 22. Just as strangely as it started, it stopped falling out. I am now 28, and I have more hair than alot of people my age, no-one, to this day has ever commented on my quantity of hair and I caused myself alot of needless worry for several years.
  • Reply 14 of 106
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Really, don't pick and pat and excessively comb it and it will be fine.

Don't wear stupid baseball caps 24 hours a day either.

Hats "queue up" normal fallen hairs so you see clumps at the end of the day rather than a few here or there. Falling out os a continuous 24 hour process (as is instantly starting to grow back!) so wearing hats will just give the hair no place to go. When you comb or wash you'll see a bigger clump than your fragile ego can take.

Then the worrying starts. Paranoia ensues.

Ask a friend to watch if you touch your hair too much.

Just leave it alone, don't obsessively comb and wash it too much.

Clean any hats or dew-rags you wear so you don't get itchy scalp which will make you scratch all the time and think about your head.
  • Reply 15 of 106
    doo-rags! I'm in a great mood today.

Anyway, is pulling a "note" out just the wrong way to go? I mean, I am man enough to ask a girl out, I've had a couple gf's before...but every time, this part of the process puts my stomache in nots. Oh oh, I'm not saying asking her out as in as "be my girlfriend" but as in to hang out. haha, a note to do that would be like trying to turn a car on with a carrot.
  • Reply 16 of 106
    dviantdviant Posts: 483member
    I second what Artman said about not making up some story about why you moved. You moved because you wanted to sit closer to her, and she'll figure it out. If she even asks, just tell her that you didn't like sitting over there. There's probably some cheesy lines you could say about "the view being better here" but that kind of stuff never impresses. :P

The idea of chatting, going out for coffee etc is a good one. Some kind of innocuous "un-date" situation beforehand would be good. You don't want to rush the prom asking until you feel comfortable, but then again you don't want someone ELSE to ask her first right?

Bottom line, don't be a wuss. Don't be a cheeseball. Relax and be yourself (well.. that is unless you ARE a wuss and a cheesball, then be someone else. )

EDIT: No notes. See the "don't be a wuss" rule above.
  • Reply 17 of 106
    Quote:

doo-rags! I'm in a great mood today.

Anyway, is pulling a "note" out just the wrong way to go? I mean, I am man enough to ask a girl out, I've had a couple gf's before...but every time, this part of the process puts my stomache in nots. Oh oh, I'm not saying asking her out as in as "be my girlfriend" but as in to hang out. haha, a note to do that would be like trying to turn a car on with a carrot.

No notes. Just ask her.

I bet there's another guy in that class who's debating the same thing! Beat him to it.
  • Reply 18 of 106
    ganondorfganondorf Posts: 573member
    Whack her upside the head with a hardcover book, and drag her body into a closet when no one is looking.
  • Reply 19 of 106
    Good call. I should probably reveal a bit more about this girl. I dont know her, like at all. Today is the first day I have spoken directly to her. It was fine, she thinks I'm funny (as does the class) so it's all good that way. For example in class today we were reviewing for a quiz tomorrow, the teacher asked about the "Tea Room Experiment" and said, "what would the guy have done differently if he could do the experiment over again." And I said, "Join in on it?" That got a good 30 seconds of laughter...if you know what a Tearoom is, I guess its pretty funny. Anyway..

She smiles at me and makes eye contact with me a lot, a good sign to me, I guess. She may not even know my name really, but I was thinking of doing this...handing her a note tomorrow before the test..something like this?

Ok, first of all, this is typed because my handwriting SUCKS...anyway...

I moved into the seat in-front of you because it was where I could talk to you, so hopefully you don't think that's crazy. I was just thinking to myself about how I could go about getting to know you but then I realized something: we are seniors with like 9 weeks of school left. So maybe this is just a crash landing attempt to say, "hey." Obviously it seems a little strange, but I don't consider a lot of stuff i do to be normal-whatever though. I think being upfront is a good thing...So I'm wondering if you want to hang out sometime.

One other thing! We probably don't even know each other's names! "Johna Rouse"...is that even spelled close? ha By the way, mine is: The Ridiculous Kid In-Front of You, Chris DiEugenio. (yeah thats Italian, hopefully you don't hate Italians)
  • Reply 20 of 106
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ganondorf

Whack her upside the head with a hardcover book, and drag her body into a closet when no one is looking.

OMFG