Will Steve Jobs fix Microsoft?s Security Woes By Building 'SkyNET'?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apple appears to be working with Symbiot Security (Builder?s of SkyNET http://www.symbiot.com). According to several rumors floating around over near 1 Infinite loop over the last couple of months, Apple has been seeding prototype Xserves (based on the G5) into Symbiot. I thought this was crap until this morning when I saw a press release from Symbiot in which Ron Okamoto, Apple?s vice-president of Worldwide Developer Relation said? ?Symbiot?s iSIMS running on Xserve G5 creates a compelling value proposition for enterprise customers that want to STRIKE BACK AGAINST NETWORK-BASED ATTACKS?!

Rumor has it that Apple has secretly invested over $3M in the technology to give them a ?Killer App? for enterprise customers (which they seriously lack). I did some vanity surfing and found that a few members of the management team are x-Apple employees. One or more from R&D!

So is Steve Jobs going to solve all of Bill Gates issues by building ?SkyNET?? Wow! I can see it now, Microsoft can?t protect their customers, but Apple will protect the entire Internet! Nice.

Has anyone else been watching/looking into this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    <Obligatory Terminator Joke>
  • Reply 2 of 4
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Inevitable Geek Reference Follow-up in 3... 2... 1...

Who'd win? Ive-designed T100s or Ballmer-cloned Borg? Hm.

Screed
  • Reply 3 of 4
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    *twitch* *twitch*

Must... claw... out... eyess.......nNNNGGGGGFHHHHGHHHGHGRRRAAARRRRRR
  • Reply 4 of 4
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Seriously, this is good for Xserve hardware sales (potentially) but does nothing to promote OS X or other Apple goods.

Ungh, ugh Can't resist...

Hopefully this won't become too successful of an app, become sentient and realize humans are responsible for these hack-attacks and puts two and two together!!!

...ahhh, feel better.

Screed