Slideshows with CAPTIONS?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Anyone know of any software that will create photo slideshows that allow you to display captions as well?

I would like to show a description of the photo on screen at the same time as the photo, preferably NOT superimposed over it.

The closest thing I have found is iPhoto using the photoname which can show up superimposed at the top of the picture but it only holds 20 characters.

Any ideas anyone?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Keynote.

Get it.

Use it.

Love it.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Keynote.

Never look back.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    wow! you guys should be in ads for this product. I took another look at it in the apple store. it DOES look like it provides what I'm looking for in terms of captions next to photos.

but can you burn slideshows to DVD? it says you can burn to CD but I was really looking for something to play on the DVD player.

I'm trying to make a Wedding Photo Album for my sister and I'd like to send out copies to everyone in wedding party.

Maybe I'm trying to do too much but ideally I wanted to include the ability to play a slideshow presentation as well as a folder of the original photo jpegs in case anyone wanted to use them to make prints. I figured a DVD would be the ideal way to do this. Does anyone know if Final Cut would do this kind of thing?

Keynote looks so cool tho maybe I should get it anyway...

Thanks for your suggestions!
  • Reply 4 of 7
    neutrino23neutrino23 Posts: 1,561member
    You can export Keynote to Quicktime Movies. Import this into iMovie and export that to iDVD. Might be a shorter path but this would work. This would also let you add a music track.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    or just use iMovie...i make slideshows in iMovie all the time...use transitions, ken burns effects, titles, visual effects etc...you can get the photos right from iPhoto in iMovie, music from iTunes right in iMovie...works quite nicely...then export to iDVD and send to family

edit...but iDVD will burn a beautiful DVD with lovely wedding menu etc, but i don't think you can also send a file with the photos on the DVD...you have two choices...make the lovely DVD and also send a CD with the photo file...or make a cd with a quicktime movie of the slideshow from iMovie and also include the photo file on the CD...i have done this before....

edit again...shoot, i think there is a way to tell iDVD to burn the slideshow and also include all the photos on the same DVD, but i am at work and can't play right now...will come back unless a smarter man than i has already told you how..

g
  • Reply 6 of 7
    in iDVD, open preferences, then go to slideshow, then click top line...

you get dvd slideshow and photos on same disc...

g
  • Reply 7 of 7
    in iDVD, open preferences, then go to slideshow, then click top line...

you get dvd slideshow and photos on same disc...

g

too small??

too big??