Pink iPod mini

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
It came yesterday. I've been playing with it for a day now. I'll post pics soon.

Bottom line is that the pink looks much more intense in person. It's less pastel and more "hot." The device is also really small. Smaller than it seems on a page, since it's very thin. It's smaller and lighter than most cell phones. both of the people who I showed it to for any length of time are now focused on getting one for themselves.

The all-in-one wheel works really well. The turing action is the same as with the current iPod, but the buttons underneath it are mechanical. That is, the whole wheel is on a central fulcrum, and there's a good feel to the buttons. The exterior seems to be andonized aluminum, which is what anyone would guess from the photos Apple uses.

Otherwise, it's no different than a normal iPod. Same OS, same functionality. The belt clip that comes with it works quite well.

Right now I'm thinking about the feasibility of dying the wheel pink.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    jonathanjonathan Posts: 312member
    Pink. So hot. well done mr. norair.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    frank_tfrank_t Posts: 428member
    Waiting for pics
  • Reply 3 of 14
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I was at the Alpharetta (northern Atlanta suburb) store yesterday - buying a keyboard and iCurve - and saw the iPod minis in person for the first time.

VERY nice. I kept playing with the green one.

And I truly believe its navigation design is better than the 3G iPod, only because everything is simply RIGHT THERE, on the wheel, in one place. Took me about 20 seconds to get the hang of it, then I was off and running.

Damn...I wish they came in a 15GB orange!

• Reply 4 of 14
    k squaredk squared Posts: 608member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

Otherwise, it's no different than a normal iPod. Same OS, same functionality. The belt clip that comes with it works quite well.

Right now I'm thinking about the feasibility of dying the wheel pink.

Well, I think the OS is less mature than the iPods -- version 1.0 compared to 2.0 -- which is odd since one would think Apple would have put all of their knowledge into the latest product offering. For example, the mini can't be used when connected but unmounted to a mac like an iPod running v2.0 can.

Three steps forward on size, material, and click wheel, but one step back on software. That, of course, can always be updated.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    It's just a number. iPod mini Software 1.0 is worse than iPod Software 2.1 just because it has a smaller version number. It may well be that some features are missing, but eh...
  • Reply 6 of 14
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    the wife and I have only one nitpic about her pink ipod, and that is that it takes longer to download songs to it...I am assuming the hard drive does not spin as fast as the cause, but that is about the only thing that we can complain about....

• Reply 7 of 14
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    "seems to be anodized aluminum".

They are anodized aluminum. SJ said they were and the website confirms this. (Oh, I have a green one).
  • Reply 8 of 14
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

VERY nice. I kept playing with the green one.

Be a man! Get a real iPod. iPod minis are for girls - especially pink ones.

(Loved the impromptu marketing rave too - knew I could squeeze one out of you. Great stuff.)
  • Reply 9 of 14
    tuttletuttle Posts: 301member
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Splinemodel both of the people who I showed it to for any length of time are now focused on getting one for themselves.

QUOTE]

That is what I find amazing about the mini.

It seems like a common thread from the stories of many of the people who bought them that they weren't looking to buy an iPod until they saw one in person by chance and they instantly knew "they had to have one, now."
  • Reply 10 of 14
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Must...not...want...iPod...mini!...*gah!*
  • Reply 11 of 14
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

Must...not...want...iPod...mini!...*gah!*

Give in, dont deny your feelings.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    I just had to share... Was about to open a new thread to get it out, but here goes:

Legally Blonde 2: She's got a pink iPod 2G... *Yikez!*
  • Reply 13 of 14
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Nice catch, but it still doesn't make me want to see the movie.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

Nice catch, but it still doesn't make me want to see the movie.

Well... It was okay... My GF saw it while i was surfing for mac news.. So I couldnt resist turning the chair once in a while and see what happened...

And funny enough, my GF insisted that the main character had a pink iBook.. But after I keep telling her that it didnt have an Apple logo, and that it was running Windows she gave after...