Ticket Master: The Definition of "Evil"

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
What ever happend to the DEV's plan (Disciples of Eddie Vedder) to fire-bomb the offices of Ticket Master and hold their executives hostage?

I have long hoped they would free us all from the bondage of an obscenely corrupt "first come first serve" system, which is not only worthless for obtaining decent tickets to any event, but over-priced (even the mailing options are obviously padded with extra TM fees), and which forces you to consent to their sending your contact information to a host of mailing lists.

You can't even get a shot at good seats via 2Mbps cable anymore. I'm not talking "front row". I'm talking "within 50 yards of the stage". It's like you get in immediately, punch your request immediately, then they put you in a queue which says "less than one minute" and then you sit there for FIVE until a notice that says "only general admission available".

Fekking obscene. If I didn't fear for my life in their absence, I wouldn't even buy Jimmy Buffet tickets for my fiancee every year. I love Jimmy (and nothing is better than watching that guy at an outdoor venue), but I sure wish some of these artists would find other means of selling their tickets.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    It's actually much worse than that. Ticketbastard is owned by clear channel who own something like a third of all radio stations. They also control the venues. One of the only non clear channel venues in my area recently closed down and the owners were claiming that they couldn't get bands to play because clear channel was pressuring the bands not to play a non clear channel venue, but hey Janet's tit is much more offensive.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    It would be interesting to know all the details of the deals between the venues, artist, promoters ... and ticketmaster.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    I had a friend who actually successfully got the attorney general of the state of NY to sue ticket master for unfair competition...

Just write. What they are doing is illegal...
  • Reply 4 of 10
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
    Where I live it is all general admin (with no ticketmaster) and if you don't get within 5 rows from the front you haven't tried.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Oh well. I get in for free these days, and could quite possibly be making money from Ticketmaster in the near future.

I guess that means everyone will have to pay a dollar more, though I don't think that will be the case unless Ticketmaster tries to fvck you.

Of course, why anyone would want to follow a mimbo like Eddie Vedder is beyond me.

• Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

Of course, why anyone would want to follow a mimbo like Eddie Vedder is beyond me.

quit talking out of your ass about a subject you know apparently nothing about.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    I know plenty about Ticketmaster and Clear Channel. Probably more than most.

As far as Eddie Vedder, I'm fully aware of that stuff too. I could argue all day long about how Eddie Vedder is a good rocker with an average intelligence and is in no place to forward the lukewarm "philosophy" that he does, but if you really care about that, you can start another thread or PM me.

By the way, you're not helping your cause. Let's just say that I know enough big Pearl Jam fans to make an accurate stereotype here.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Quote:

Do you know the best way to undermine, bankrupt or otherwise eliminate them?

• Reply 9 of 10
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

As far as Eddie Vedder, I'm fully aware of that stuff too. I could argue all day long about how Eddie Vedder is a good rocker with an average intelligence and is in no place to forward the lukewarm "philosophy" that he does, but if you really care about that, you can start another thread or PM me.

By the way, you're not helping your cause. Let's just say that I know enough big Pearl Jam fans to make an accurate stereotype here.

Spline, you're probably the biggest ass on this board. I don't think I've ever come across a more arrogant person on the internet. Ever.

That said, your stereotypes are probably wrong and really have nothing to do with hate of Ticketmaster. I think it's pretty much universal that people get upset to have to pay a "convenience" charge when you're already buying the tickets from them.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Luckily in Chicago Clear Channel is losing ground in venue representation. They're almost certainly under 50% now, and they're usually more than that. Ticket Master on the other hand is a ****ing spawn of the devil and I hope they die. The last show I bought tickets for, they charged $21.07 PER TICKET in fees. My tickets were e-mail tickets too, so they didn't even have to pay for printing and postage. Over $21 per ticket. **** them.