Mrs. Oracle gets access to new products early?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
In today's San Francisco Chronicle, they mention Melanie Craft, Larry Ellison's wife (Ellison is SJ's buddy) has a 12" powerbook g5.

Here's the link and the quote.

Chron Article

Quote:

At the urging of her guests, she pulls "Man Trouble'' out of her Hermes Kelly bag (she uses a larger Birkin bag when carrying her Mac G5 12-inch laptop computer) and reads a chapter.

Guess they will be out sooner than we think!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 28
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Typo, no doubt it's a typo. They probably have working prototypes, but they wouldn't let those outside of the walls of Apple's HQ.
  • Reply 2 of 28
    More than that, she must also have a Mac Desktop based on Photo #5 showing off a nice Apple monitor and keyboard. Nice to be rich.
  • Reply 3 of 28
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    Wow she's 34 and he's 59. When he was 27 (my age) she was only 2 years old.

Kinda sick when you think of it that way.
  • Reply 4 of 28
    jadejade Posts: 379member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carson O'Genic

More than that, she must also have a Mac Desktop based on Photo #5 showing off a nice Apple monitor and keyboard. Nice to be rich.

Apparently she has a powermac g5 to match her "powerbook g5," according to the article.
  • Reply 5 of 28
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    And Steve was the photographer at the wedding. He never does stuff like that for any of us.

http://www.macminute.com/2004/01/15/ellison
  • Reply 6 of 28
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Being the sad person that I am, I emailed the author of that article and asked her if it was a typographical error. We'll see if she responds....
  • Reply 7 of 28
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Willoughby

That's not too bad when they are compared with Celine Dion and her husband....the age gap between the two is like 33 years
  • Reply 8 of 28
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    Quote:

Being rich isn't as nice as you'd think. She can't even put vanity plates on her Mercedes because of security concerns.
  • Reply 9 of 28
    hasapihasapi Posts: 290member
    Well thay have to have some people actually use some of the pre production units before the public does.

Isnt it any wonder that the ulimate product testing group is part of SJ's inner circle.

My bet is its a typo?, but its sometimes healthy to be cynical?.

My 2 cents.
  • Reply 10 of 28
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Jeez, ease up on the surgery, woman. She has that permanent "surprised deer caught in the highbeems" look to her, which is sad because she'd probably be quite cute and attractive if she didn't have such an artifical, robotic look to her.

Same goes for nearly every example I've seen over the years, Joan Rivers being the top offender.
  • Reply 11 of 28
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    Could be a typo and could be real. Since his best man was Steve Jobs, he could of lent them a prototype to her and told her to keep it seceret. Guess who is now mad at her. Or he could of done it on purpose to let the public know that the powerbook G5 is on the way and be here soon. But I'm pretty sure that is a typo.
  • Reply 12 of 28
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Larry is no longer on the board of directors as Apple, is he?
  • Reply 13 of 28
    bigcbigc Posts: 1,224member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Willoughby

Wait 'til your 59...
  • Reply 14 of 28
    kroehlkroehl Posts: 164member
    Quote:

Considering that the Kelly bag costs more than those Macs put together, I suppose you might say that it's nice.
  • Reply 15 of 28
    ~ufo~~ufo~ Posts: 245member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

Jeez, ease up on the surgery, woman. She has that permanent "surprised deer caught in the highbeems" look to her, which is sad because she'd probably be quite cute and attractive if she didn't have such an artifical, robotic look to her.

Hear Hear !

i liked the dojo shot, then came the workout shot and I was like:

oh no, it's a look twicer not a look tricer :P
  • Reply 16 of 28
    vinney57vinney57 Posts: 1,162member
    Wonder how much Larry paid for those tits.
  • Reply 17 of 28
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DHagan4755

Being the sad person that I am, I emailed the author of that article and asked her if it was a typographical error. We'll see if she responds....

Did you get a response yet? It's gotta be a typo, but I can hope, can't I?
  • Reply 18 of 28
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Don't they have people on staff who exist solely to check for this kind of stuff...especially there in the Bay Area, at a major newspaper, in a story dealing with tech and computers?

Odd.

Would be like the main Detroit paper screwing up a story concerning Ford (hey, a little sideways car analogy slipped in all cool like!).

Either way, it's a boo-boo. Either lazy fact-checking or another mind-blowing instance of premature specification. Steve's going to have a stroke before it's all over.

Poor guy can't keep ANYTHING under wraps, can he?
  • Reply 19 of 28
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

Did you get a response yet? It's gotta be a typo, but I can hope, can't I?

Nope - nothing. Yet.
  • Reply 20 of 28
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bigc

Wait 'til your 59...

Are you saying I have to wait till I'm 59 to get 34 year old hotties? I hope my wife will be ok with that

I wondering if being a billionaire would help