AppleCare Question

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Is it possible for me to get APP without the receipts and stuff? I would like to buy the APP but I dont have the original receipts or anything. I just have the original manuals, etc...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Life-n-Death

Is it possible for me to get APP without the receipts and stuff? I would like to buy the APP but I dont have the original receipts or anything. I just have the original manuals, etc...

You get Apple Care from your machine's serial number. If your machine was registered within a year of your extension, you will be able to renew it. You don't need documentation unless there's a dispute about when the first year of warranty lapses.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Allright. Is it possible to check my current warranty?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Well if your computer has just the plan-ol-warranty Apple uses, it expires in 90 days from the opening of the box. If you think you have the extended warranty, call up the Apple hotline and ask.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Crusader

Well if your computer has just the plan-ol-warranty Apple uses, it expires in 90 days from the opening of the box. If you think you have the extended warranty, call up the Apple hotline and ask.

Not really true. The phone support for software issues is 90 days. The standard warranty is 1 year for hardware problems. See here. There may be a place on the site to check when AppleCare started but I can't find it right now. Your best bet is to just call and give them your serial number over the phone.