Europe gets iPhoto Print Service

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
A couple of sites are reporting that the iPhoto printing service has been enabled for Europe:

link

Too bad I'm away this weekend, I won't get a chance to check it out until next week.

Good news though .

Dave.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    And in Germany, it's just as expensive to order one as in the States. Well, this will make my wife happy, I hope.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    all that complaining and this is the only response?
  • Reply 3 of 11
    rolandgrolandg Posts: 632member
    Quote:

Originally posted by GardenOfEarthlyDelights

And in Germany, it's just as expensive to order one as in the States. Well, this will make my wife happy, I hope.

What version of iPhoto are you using? And where is the "order prints/book"-button? It seems that ordering through iPhoto 2 is not available.

By the way, what part of Germany are you from?
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Maybe this is a clue for an international iTunes Music Store.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    As usual, the facts are hidden well somewhere.

Does this work for all of Europe? What are the prices?
  • Reply 6 of 11
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    here's me buying a picture from the uk service...

• Reply 7 of 11
    and the process was very easy
  • Reply 8 of 11
    ordered at 8pm GMT last night. shipping notification at 11am today.

nice!
  • Reply 9 of 11
    One thing that puzzles me about this launch - it was a very low key thing. I read about it first on a Mac site (I think it was macrumors) - there was no official announcement from Apple. I'd have thought Apple would have done more promotion, say something on the Apple Europe home pages, or even an email to registered iLife '04 users .

Well, I took the plunge last night and ordered some prints. As Othello said, it was easy to do, and I even had them delivered to a different address. Uploading those 6MP images took a while though !

Dave.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    the trial print i ordered arrived this morning.

the fellow designers i share a studio with all crowded around for a look and were very very very impressed with the quality.

the image was taken on a 5mp sony cybershot on default settings. i selected the image on purpose because it had a high degree of light and dark. it really is an excellent print.

bravo apple and kodak