3Ghz @ NAB?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Just wondering in all this talk about 3Ghz this summer, do you think that Apple will wait till NAB to reveal the 3Ghz G5, with shipping sometime in late June/July? It would probably be a great venue for such a release, as I'm sure FCP/Shake/Logic will just scream on it, leaving a huge buzz at the show and in the industry as a whole.

Right now, if Apple doesn't announce something by the end of March, and then doesn't ship it till the end of April, we'll be way into October/November for the next update to 3Ghz with the typical six-to-nine month turnaround on products.

Just pure speculation.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Quote:

Originally posted by twinturbo

Just wondering in all this talk about 3Ghz this summer, do you think that Apple will wait till NAB to reveal the 3Ghz G5, with shipping sometime in late June/July?

NAB is around April 18th. I can't see Apple taking almost 2 months to ship an announced PMG5. It would mean 2 months of no G5 sales.

Quote:

Just pure speculation.

We're OK with that... at least the other 3Ghz threads are...

Here

and

Here...
  • Reply 2 of 12
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Apple is holding a press conference on April 18th at NAB. Something about "Moving pictures, moving music, moving the industry" I think they called it?
  • Reply 3 of 12
    bzbz Posts: 40member
    I really think that NAB will be the iPod update. I don't think they want to release iPods, Displays, Powermacs all at the same time.

BZ
  • Reply 4 of 12
    maskermasker Posts: 451member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PBG4 Dude

Apple is holding a press conference on April 18th at NAB. Something about "Moving pictures, moving music, moving the industry" I think they called it?

Sounds like anew version of Shake or something like that. QuickTime 7?

MSKR
  • Reply 5 of 12
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Masker

Sounds like anew version of Shake or something like that. QuickTime 7?

MSKR

shake express $999 and shake dv (to go with fce) for like 299$
  • Reply 6 of 12
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    Pixlet?
  • Reply 7 of 12
    I really hope it's not the "video" iPod.

I've already signed up for the press conference that morning, and I do know that if Apple unveiled a 3Ghz G5 they would shake (no pun intended) the conference this year. Mouths will hit the floor, and AVID, who's booth is right across from Apple's on the show floor, will probably be running in terror as they see the G5/FCP combo doing what their DS/Nitris systems is doing without the $100,000 price tag. THAT would be a jaw-dropping experience.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    tfworldtfworld Posts: 181member
    Oh yeah it would be! Dual 3.2Ghz G5 here we come!!!
  • Reply 9 of 12
    tak1108tak1108 Posts: 222member
    Shake 3.5

No other shake version released.

Xserve G5!!

Demos of FCP 4

Logic Pro 6

Shake 3.5

QuickTime 6.5 (maybe 7)

DVD studio Pro

AJA IO

AJA HD

Pinnacle Cinewave (Maybe not???? Pinnacle sucks)

Commotion 3 (also at Discreet booth of course)

Case Studies - Pixar's switch.

I don't remember ever having an iPod featured at NAB. I haven't gone for a few years, so maybe they have in the last couple, I'm not sure.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    NAB will be the intro of the Powerbook G5. Come-on, moving the industry? What is easy to move? A Powerbook G5
  • Reply 11 of 12
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Completely revamped/rewritten QT7 please...thank you.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by BZ

I really think that NAB will be the iPod update. I don't think they want to release iPods, Displays, Powermacs all at the same time.

BZ

I am sorry to have to disagree with you. Why would Apple update a consumer product at an industry trade show?