When it rains it smells like Fruit Loops

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
My wife was at the salon getting her feet done. Her pedicure person was from Battle Creek, MI. Home of Kellogg?s. She says that when it rains there it smells like Fruit Loops.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    That is no good...

and if this is some sort of weird twisted insinuation that we are all crazy... well then i have to agree...

when it rains in Brevard, NC, it smells like flowers...
  • Reply 2 of 12
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Smells like rain here in Chicago. :P

I'm just glad I don't live in Milwaukee.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    Oh man, I'd rather have the smell of Fruit Loops than the nasty cheese smell coming from the Kraft factory next to my friend's house back home.

\
  • Reply 4 of 12
    jimdreamworxjimdreamworx Posts: 1,095member
    Cool! I live near a bubble-gum factory and get the same thing when it rains... but on a hot summer day... ugh!
  • Reply 5 of 12
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Imagine rain in New Jersey.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Olfactory hallucinations are symptomatic of Schizophrenia.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Sweet. Must be nice when it rains in Hershey PA too, I went to the theme park and the air smelled like happiness, and cocoa.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

Olfactory hallucinations are symptomatic of Schizophrenia.

Sometimes when I pee, I smell Sugar Crisp cereal. I haven't eaten that kind of cereal since I was a kid.

Uh-oh.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

Sometimes when I pee, I smell Sugar Crisp cereal. I haven't eaten that kind of cereal since I was a kid.

Uh-oh.

February birthdays are also significantly correlated with schizophrenia. murbot, you're fvcked.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    My home town had a large Fry's chocolate factory, on a summers evening a faint sweet aroma pervaded the air-bliss. Nearby in Bristol the Courage brewery pumped out a sickly sweet smell of malt from the wort, not so nice. The worst offender was a crisp (chip) factory in Manchester that me, the missus and a pal were walking behind along the canal one wet day. It was a form of chemical warfare, we became nauseous as the artificial flavourings they add to the humble spud bombarded our noses and throats with an acrid stench. We had to run through the invisible cloud just to be able to breathe without retching. It was grim.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

Uh-oh.

Strange. Me, too!

Hmm.

What the hell were they feeding me when I was younger?