What Happens September 30th?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
So, September 30th is around the corner and the "Free" Printer with iMac purchase goes away, and the rebate on flat panel displays goes away - do you think we will see some new products, or perhaps new rebates? This one is right around the corner!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 42
    iMac Speed bump on Tuesday, October 1st!

You'll see them jump to an all 17 inch widescreen display and 867 and 1GHz processors. All with nVidia GeForce 4 MX video.

256 MB RAM Standard.
  • Reply 2 of 42
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    [quote]Originally posted by Dave Hagan:

<strong>You'll see them jump to an all 17 inch widescreen display</strong><hr></blockquote>

Wouldn't that be nice. No way in heaven!

I would love a standalone 17" widescreen to go with the PowerMacs. But I'm not betting on anything.

Escher
  • Reply 3 of 42
    jdbonjdbon Posts: 109member
    Well October 1st is a Tuesday, the usual day for Apple to release new products. It would be nice for the iMac to get a nice upgrade just in time for the Holiday season.
  • Reply 4 of 42
    iMac upgrade give me a break

Not happening

Apple has never upgraded a product merely two months after it has been annoucned.

Why can't you use logic to determine this??
  • Reply 5 of 42
    New iMac model two months ago, but the same damn mobo and CPU. It's time for the iMac line to get a speedbump, just in time for the Christmas buying season. That is, if Apple wants to sell lots of 'em.
  • Reply 6 of 42
    powerbook powerbook powerbook (maybe if I say it three times fast it will come true).
  • Reply 7 of 42
    October 1 is the first day of Educause as well.

Would be nice to show off new iMacs there... maybe updated iBooks as well... yum
  • Reply 8 of 42
    Plus, October 1st is when you'd expect a "we've gotten X people to buy .Mac" announcement.
  • Reply 9 of 42
    [quote]Originally posted by off/lang:

<strong>powerbook powerbook powerbook (maybe if I say it three times fast it will come true).</strong><hr></blockquote>

Powerbook Powerbook Powerbook!! Daddy needs some new metal!
  • Reply 10 of 42
    You really believe an all 17" lineup is in the cards for the iMac? I think it would be a mistake to discontinue all of the 15" iMac configurations, simply because that would raise the entry level price of the iMac by a serious amount. I'm not discounting the rumor, though, because I realize Apple is fond of raising price. I just hope Apple has weighed the opportunity cost involved.
  • Reply 11 of 42
    trydtryd Posts: 143member
    First they must deliver the existing models. In Norway the delivery date for the 17" iMac is around Oct. 6th. They cannot introduce new models before they can ship the old ones.

Terje
  • Reply 12 of 42
    They will only do this if they can slip the new monitor model in the old price slots.
  • Reply 13 of 42
    Right now, there are are thousands and thousands of unsold 15" iMacs. Apple will not introduce a 17" across the board until those overages are taken care of (sold). Reports from Taiwan sources last month said 15" production would stop in October. Look for the 17" and possilby even 19" iMacs next year at MWSF.

[ 09-23-2002: Message edited by: MacsRGood4U ]</p>
  • Reply 14 of 42
    [quote]Originally posted by Roscoe:

<strong>So, September 30th is around the corner and the "Free" Printer with iMac purchase goes away, and the rebate on flat panel displays goes away - do you think we will see some new products, or perhaps new rebates? </strong><hr></blockquote>

End of AAPL Fiscal Q3? Just a guess. ( ops.. that would be AAPL Fiscal Q4 )

[ 09-23-2002: Message edited by: blabla ]</p>
  • Reply 15 of 42
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    An education deal on iMacs/iBooks in the UK finishes on 30/09...
  • Reply 16 of 42
    [quote]Originally posted by jdbon:

<strong>Well October 1st is a Tuesday, the usual day for Apple to release new products. It would be nice for the iMac to get a nice upgrade just in time for the Holiday season.</strong><hr></blockquote>

No no, you're confused.

Tuesday is when all the rumor sites predict new stuff. But the annoucements have come on Monday, the day before.
  • Reply 17 of 42
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Well Apple also has a promo ending Oct 15h. All I know is I want a tiBook.
  • Reply 18 of 42
    Generally every Sept. 30th the month ends, rent is due, and we all turn our calanders over. Now it might just be me but.... that doesn't seem like such a big deal.
  • Reply 19 of 42
    Something must be up - I just got an e-mail from MacWarehouse - They dropped the price of the low end iMac $100 - down to $1199 now. And they are tossing in 512 Meg of RAM (after rebate and $39 installation fee ), along with the printer.

How low can they go!
  • Reply 20 of 42
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Damn, this has to be the worst freaking time to want to buy a Mac. Wait until the end of the month, it's getting updated... oh, then wait until the 15th of Oct... might get updated...

ARGGHH!!!!