Great news for lovers of great music living in USA...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
All of you should know how passionately I feel that Absolution by Muse is a work of genius. Unfortunately, up until now, the record has only been available to Americans as an import. This is despite the fact that this critically acclaimed record was released in September.

Fortunately, six months later, Absolution is finally being released in the US, on March 23, 2004. Hopefully it will be eligible for a Grammy award next year, as I strongly believe this was the rock record of the year.

Also, any of you in California should be sure to check out the Coachella Music Festival. Muse will be playing there on May 2nd, along with Radiohead, the Cure and the Pixies. Jeesus it makes me want to fly back there just for that!

Buy tickets now, and make sure to pick up Absolution on March 23, or whenever it's released at the iTMS. Absolution works best as an album, and every track is a winner, but if you really want to buy per track, "Hysteria", "Time is Running Out" and "Butterflies and Hurricanes" are my choices for stand-out tracks.

For Europeans and others, go get the record now. Muse puts Radiohead to shame with this record.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Bonnaroo!
  • Reply 2 of 11
    I like bananas.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    I'm definitely going to Coachella.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    they have cool website. mot sure about the tunes though
  • Reply 5 of 11
    dviantdviant Posts: 483member
    <sarcasm> Yay! Another band that sounds like Radiohead!! </sarcasm>

I have Absolution. It's not bad, but nothing exactly groundbreaking imo. Funny that they are actually playing alongside Radiohead at Coachella, seeing as how every review tends to compare them. Maybe they could get The Rapture and Hot Hot Heat to show up and play before and after The Cure as well!:P
  • Reply 6 of 11
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Quote:

Originally posted by burningwheel

they have cool website. mot sure about the tunes though

how 'bout a link for the lazy
  • Reply 7 of 11
    http://www.muse.mu/

(It's in tonton's sig.)
  • Reply 8 of 11
    daverdaver Posts: 496member
    Excellent news.

I wouldn't go so far as to call it the best rock album of 2003, but it's definitely a fantastic piece of work that's begging for more listeners.

I agree with your standout track choices, tonton, but I kinda like Endlessly too.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ganondorf

http://www.muse.mu/

(It's in tonton's sig.)

That made me look especially lazy.

cool.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Just a reminder. Absolution released today, and available on iTMS. Play on!

Damn Tonton I just found'em on iTMS and though I could beat you to the punch. I'll check out their tracks.