Illustrator questio...

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I saw on the Flash demo of Illustrator CS on the Adobe site the capability of selecting some type and an object and having the type distort to the shape of the object... but I cannot find any reference to this in Adobe's Illo help that ships with the app or any menu commands that might do this.

Perhaps I'm having a brain fart and it's right in front of me; but if anyone can shed any light on this feature, especially how to do it... that would be much appreciated!

Many thanks...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    just to clearify; are you talking about 3D mapping or just good ol' tweeking?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    arbernautarbernaut Posts: 182member
    You select a line of text and say, a circle, click a magic button and the text envelope warps to the circle. Not 3D transformations, and not the default envelope distortions, like Arch and Arc. And not the free distortion tool either... hope that clarifies things.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    I know what you're talking about. It's nothing new...... just create a shape, and then hold click on "T" text icon in the tools palette to select the text tool to type on the outside of shapes (third one). Then click on the outline of the shape with the text tool. This should allow you to type text around the shape.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    cooopcooop Posts: 390member
    Yes, it's called the Path Type Tool and it's been in Illustrator for several versions now. It's also in the latest versions of Photoshop and InDesign.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    No, this is not what he is asking for.

try this: object > envelope distort > make with top object

(make sure your target object is in th front) :-) cheers.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    ahhhh...nice. You learn something new everyday. I never used that before.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    arbernautarbernaut Posts: 182member
    Ah -- that was the puppy! Many thanks guys!