InDesign 3.0.1

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
So, Adobe just released an update to InDesign CS, Indy CS 3.0.1.

But there's no stand-alone updater -- you have use the update feature within the application -- and no list *anywhere* of what changes that the update makes, what bugs were fixed, and so on. At least nowhere I can find...

I'm hoping the in-application update was just released early, and they just haven't gotten around to posting them yet... But c'mon, Adobe. You can do better than this.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    Ah, I didn't notice at first that there's a updated Read Me file, dropped into the InDesign folder.

Here's the documented changes, for all those interested:

Resolved Issues

This section provides a small sample of the resolved technical problems included in InDesign CS 3.0.1. For information on specific issues not listed here, search Adobe?s Support Knowledgebase at http://www.adobe.com/support/products/indesign.html.

Graphics

Tinted grayscale Illustrator CS objects paste into InDesign CS with 100% black fill on Windows. [0656115]

Text

Parts of text can become hidden when opening a document if the minimum value is set equal to the desired value for Word Spacing or Letter Spacing in the Justification dialog box. [1005669]

Extended characters are stripped from the names of imported Microsoft Word® paragraph styles. [654940]

Consonants are sometimes added before hyphenation points in the Swedish language dictionary. [510388]

Hyperlinks

Hyperlinks to other pages within a book are broken after exporting the document to PDF from InDesign CS. [1002493]

Print

Edges of images are jagged on output when the images overlap, are not rotated, have differing resolutions and use transparency. [1000975]

Page Items

Shift-dragging an anchor point does not constrain it precisely. [0656584]

Info Palette

After relaunching InDesign and then selecting text in a document, information from a previously selected graphic appears in the Info palette. [1002781]

Text statistics from a previous selection display in the Info palette after placing or selecting a new graphic in a document. [0655950]

Info palette information does not refresh for newly selected objects if a graphic was selected while choosing Hide Options and then collapsing the palette. [0651292]

PDF Export & Bookmarks

Bookmarks do not link to their proper pages in a PDF exported from a book file in InDesign CS. [0656127]

After updating a Table of Contents and then exporting the document to PDF, bookmarks are missing in the resulting PDF file. [1003042]

Layout

When attempting to drag multiple objects selected via Toggle to Pointer with the Text tool active, only the object under the cursor will move if the cursor is over the object?s fill. [0648998]

OS X

After clicking the Mail button in MSN Messenger® on Mac OS 10.2.x or later, InDesign CS launches instead of Messenger and also returns a ?Can not open file? error message. [0655844]

PLEASE NOTE: After installing InDesign CS 3.0.1, users will need to click the Mail button in

MSN Messenger as many as three times to resolve this problem.

Conversion

Arrow heads in documents created in InDesign 2.0.2 and earlier appeared to shorten after converting to InDesign CS. [1003957]

Indexing

Generating a large index takes an extremely long time. The number of entries necessary to see this problem depends on a number of factors, including hardware. [1005074]
  • Reply 2 of 4
    4fx4fx Posts: 258member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hobbes

OS X

After clicking the Mail button in MSN Messenger® on Mac OS 10.2.x or later, InDesign CS launches instead of Messenger and also returns a ?Can not open file? error message. [0655844]

PLEASE NOTE: After installing InDesign CS 3.0.1, users will need to click the Mail button in

MSN Messenger as many as three times to resolve this problem.

Good to know. I was wondering what the heck was going on. I though perhaps it had changed the default browser when I installed CS Suite, but it was set properly. Its nice that it fixes that problem (though only really a nuseance).

Now what would be really nice is if they had an option to save in InDesign 2 format for maximum compatibility.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    for the MSN Messenger confusion, sounds like one of the Indesign file types is conflicting

I've got a few old classic games whose res files mysteriously claim to be CS related after install, but won't open in CS... shared file/creator type is the logical explanation there, and is likely what's going on for MSN,

though where possible I avoid MS tools and use Apple's, so I couldn't say for sure in this case
  • Reply 4 of 4
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    I finally got this thing to work. I really *don't* like the way Adobe is approaching updates with CS now. Instead of keeping things relatively familiar, they tried to "simplify the process" and actually ended up making it less intuitive. I had to reinstall ID 3 before I could get the thing to properly update to 3.0.1.

Looks like the Update feature in Photoshop is simply a link to the updates page on their web site, which is OK by me. I prefer it that way, frankly.