iPod battery question

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
i have a 20gb iPod and it seems the battery goes down when i put it to sleep. is it supposed to do this? if so, i think its retarted if u cant totally turn it off. i dont want to have to charge it constantly when i would have to 1/10th as much if i could shut it down fully.

cheers.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    well even when the ipod is off it's doing things like keeping track of time. instead of putting it to sleep, hold down the play/pause button to turn it off.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    um, isn't holding down the play/pause button putting it to sleep???
  • Reply 3 of 5
    cam'roncam'ron Posts: 503member
    so, the iPod is constantly working? how often do u guys have to charge your iPod? also, today it showed the battery as empty then went up to just under a quarter full. anyone experience this?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    i keep mine plugged in as much as possible
  • Reply 5 of 5
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    keep in mind that your depleted battery could be due to a lot of things, and sometimes the ipod battery takes a few moments to display the proper battery level.

yes, i believe that there is a difference between putting the pod to sleep and holding down the play/pause button (maybe not). keep in mind too that if your pod is charging through your computer and you put your comp to sleep at night, that WILL drain the battery considerably.

i plug mine in at the end of the day. i use it all the time, and i use the backlight and everything (depending on the situation). it always lasts a full day.

i think the whole ipod battery thing is an extreme case of the placebo effect. use your a/c charger at night, dont look at the battery meter during the day, and i think you'll be happier with the results.