Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
4.9MB

Installing now...

edit: grrr... restart?!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Updated the iChat application, and the InstantMessaging and VideoConferencing PrivateFrameworks in System.

Was going to post the edited .bom, but it basically boiled down to that.

A *lot* of localizations that look new, too.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I didn't feel like rebooting, so I force-quit the installer after it was done, and it asked for the restart. Starting iChat up again I get the new version number in the About menu, but are all of the updated doo-dads really updated?

Just curious.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    Well, some installers require a reboot because they perform a post-boot cleanup and run a script that finishes the job, then deletes itself.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    mmmpiemmmpie Posts: 628member
    The big question, does it support audio chat with AIM users now?
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Good question.

Edit: Nope.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    wjmoorewjmoore Posts: 210member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Well, some installers require a reboot because they perform a post-boot cleanup and run a script that finishes the job, then deletes itself.

I think the reason this one requires an update has already been posted a few messages up: it updates some system frameworks.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    So how do you ACTUALLY connect with AIM 5.5? I've been trying to set it up with my roommate and I don't have a single clue how to get it to work. It doesn't even look like the options are available.

I have a camera and he doesn't. That's supposed to work, right?
  • Reply 8 of 13
    Yup, because AIM 5.5 makes video *out of thin air*!

At best you'd be able to send a one-way video chat, but it doesn't look like that's supported iChat -> AIM 5.5, same as audio chats.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    audio chat doesn't want to work with Aim 5.5 .... what a let down!
  • Reply 10 of 13
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

At best you'd be able to send a one-way video chat, but it doesn't look like that's supported iChat -> AIM 5.5, same as audio chats.

Yeah, that's what I figured. But not only can I NOT get it to work, but I don't even see an OPTION for it. What's the dilly?

• Reply 11 of 13
    Add them to your buddy list. Click on their name in the buddy window and you can select the type of chat you want after double clicking on their name. I gave up on iChat after trying out the beta, but this version is very good. It works well.

Lack of an audio only chat is a boo-boo though.
  • Reply 12 of 13

Are we using the same iChat? Double-clicking on a buddy in the buddy list immediately opens a text chat window.

Single-click on a buddy in your list, and then the Buddies menu will show you the supported types of chats you can initiate with that person.

And no, one-way video doesn't seem to be supported with AIM 5.5 clients.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    is this update also available for jaguar users that buy ichat 2.0, or would I need Panther to use it?