iPod mini delay clues to product dry spell?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I have a feeling that there is about to be a huge product overhaul for Apple, with every line being touched. Just as the Apple press release said today, "Apple now anticipates that its production (for the iPod mini) will be ramped up to meet worldwide demand in the July quarter," is it possible that Apple knows that their next product releases will be received with a similar response? And if Apple knows or predicts such an acceptance rate of their upcoming releases, maybe the reason they have not been released yet is because they are pre-ramping up, ahead of the actual announcements?

Just a thought, and if Apple thinks it is going to be getting people to buy Macs like people are buying iPods, they need to have the capacity to churn these machines out. Market share only grows with your capacity to meet demand.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    If they're really reserving a lot of capacity in anticipation of demand, they'd better be right. That would be an expensive mistake to make.

It would sure be nice if it happened, though. I'd love to see Apple back to its old size and prosperity without its old problems and aimlessness.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    You're right that it would be a pretty big risk, but it is possible that they are taking one, especially if they are following the iPod mini model.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    dobbydobby Posts: 797member
    Perhaps they simply underestimated demand?

Dobby
  • Reply 4 of 8
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Or like the article mentioned, lack of mini 4G drive availability. Something out of Apple's control. No need to worry about stockpiling supply!
  • Reply 5 of 8
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    I'm talking about impending product releases, being impacted by the apparant run-away success of the iPod mini. I am simply saying that it is possible that Apple may be ramping up their products so that they ship them when they say they will, to avoid the supply problems.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by dobby

Perhaps they simply underestimated demand?

Dobby

This would 'simply' be the tenth time in a row... It's getting quite redicilous! Okay, I can understand it a bit with the iPod mini because its priced so high.. But everything else?
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Rhumgod

Or like the article mentioned, lack of mini 4G drive availability. Something out of Apple's control. No need to worry about stockpiling supply!

Yes, but then they should have waited a month with the promised release...
  • Reply 8 of 8
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Quote:

Originally posted by T'hain Esh Kelch

Yes, but then they should have waited a month with the promised release...

And have Steve talk about iLife 04 or the xServe G5 at MWSF for a LOT longer. Yeah right.