Need iPod Mini (Pink) - US AI Member Help!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Like the subject says, I need a pink iPod Mini.

My girlfriend was hoping to get one when they were released 'worldwide' next month, but it looks like that's been ruined now.

Here's the deal:

I'm in Canada.

I need an AI member in the US to get one for me.

If you know where to get one, and can get the store to hold it for a few hours, I can forward the money via PayPal and either provide you with my UPS account number for shipping, or give you the money for shipping. Alternatively, I could pay the store directly by credit card and you could ship.

I guess it's just a matter of finding somewhere that has one!

Unfortunately my business travels take me nowhere near the US for a few months, so any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    cam'roncam'ron Posts: 503member
    why is getting one next month ruined now?
  • Reply 2 of 16
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cam'ron

why is getting one next month ruined now?

Demand for the mini HDs that are in them has forced apple to push back worldwide introductions to July.

audiopollution, I'm going to be buying a mini soon (maybe today) so I can get you a pink one too if you want it. I've got an ed discount so it'll be cheaper for you that way... PM me.
  • Reply 3 of 16
    cam'roncam'ron Posts: 503member
    Are u serious? Im pissed, I wanted to get a mini, but now I think Im just gonna get a 15gb. How much is the mini with edu discount?
  • Reply 4 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cam'ron

How much is the mini with edu discount?

$229 plus tax.
  • Reply 5 of 16
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

$229 plus tax.

It comes to a grand total of $242.
  • Reply 6 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

It comes to a grand total of $242.

It depends on your state.
  • Reply 7 of 16
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    My local Apple Store has no mini's. The say they expect some next week. Supplies are really constrained even in the U.S. As Apple revealed today, a shortage of Hitachi hard drives seem to be the problem.
  • Reply 8 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

My local Apple Store has no mini's. The say they expect some next week. Supplies are really constrained even in the U.S. As Apple revealed today, a shortage of Hitachi hard drives seem to be the problem.

Neither of the two in Atlanta have any and they have 7-10 day waiting lists. I'm on both of them now. Gotta get one for my fiancee's birthday.
  • Reply 9 of 16
    check some of the craigslist.org sites. a lot of people on there are selling iPod minis. Albeit at inflated prices, but such is supply and demand...
  • Reply 10 of 16
    Apple store in Salem, New Hampshire has 2 PINK mini iPods as of this morning at 10AM (3/26). I myslef want green or silver, but as the man said on the phone, "I've only got 2 in the store, and both are pink!" - Oh well! Hope this helps you! Too far for me to travel for a color I don't want.
  • Reply 11 of 16
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Wow, these things are really making an impact. I had no idea and I was totally wrong in my initial assessment/opinion of them (I said, following MWSF, "who's gonna buy 'em?!").

Oh well...

I'm in SUCH a pickle right now, iPod-wise. I've got cash burning a hole in my pocket and I've started walking in the evenings and I'd REALLY love an iPod.

1. Mini? Cute, small and affordable. But 4GB means I pick and choose what I want on there (I've got a 10GB library and have probably pretty much leveled out...single iTMS purchases from here out, I'd guess). Plus, they don't seem to be available ANYWHERE right now.

2. 15GB, sans Dock, remote and carry case? I dig that iSkin EXO2 case anyway, so I was going to buy it and maybe the dock at a later point. In other words, Apple's remote and little black carrying case hold NO appeal to me, whatsoever.

3. Go ahead and get the 20GB for $399...sigh, even though it contains a bunch of crap I probably will never use (wired remote and carrying case, which you can't even use the iPod when it's in it)

4. Wait until this NAB business and whatever Apple might be announcing on April 18...

Right now, I'm leaning toward option #2, with #4 a close second...
  • Reply 12 of 16
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

But 4GB means I pick and choose what I want on there

um you mean "pick and choose" over 2 and a half DAYS worth of music. just how long are your "evening walks?"
  • Reply 13 of 16
    I walk slow.

Point is, I'd use the iPod for more than just walking. And I don't know if I like the idea of constantly tweaking it, putting things on, pulling things off, etc. Probably should just get a 15 or 20 and have it all. But the minis are so damn CUTE!

• Reply 14 of 16
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Quote:

3. Go ahead and get the 20GB for $399...sigh, even though it contains a bunch of crap I probably will never use (wired remote and carrying case, which you can't even use the iPod when it's in it)

You can get pretty good money for these things on eBay... something to keep in mind.
  • Reply 15 of 16
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

I walk slow.

Point is, I'd use the iPod for more than just walking. And I don't know if I like the idea of constantly tweaking it, putting things on, pulling things off, etc. Probably should just get a 15 or 20 and have it all. But the minis are so damn CUTE!

I have a 20GB iPod that I bought in the Fall of 2002. Right now it's packed and I still don't have my full collection on it. But, I do have enough of a selection (10 days worth) so that I don't scroll through it looking for something I haven't listened to lately.

I say get a larger one unless the small size and colors appeal to you that much. I love having most of my music available at work, when I walk, when I workout, when I jam, in my car, etc. My iPod has made it so I don't need CDs anywhere anymore. This is the true value, IMO; you will never again say "Damn! I really want to listen to _______ but my CD is home!".
  • Reply 16 of 16
    True...good point. And that's exactly what I'm afraid getting the iPod mini will be like: "SONOFABI...I thought Cheap Trick was loaded on here...".