iPhoto - Hierarchical Album Support?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hi,

This has probably been mentioned, but would support for hierarchical albums be a feasible update to be included in the next revision of iPhoto? What do you guys think?

In case there's any confusion, what I mean by hierarchical albums are :

Art < -- main album

- 2D Art < -- sub albums

- 3D Art

- Photograhy

I would really love to have this feature in iPhoto... I only hope that it's not too far away from being in one of those big iPhoto updates. Would anyone else find this useful?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wayne Lau

Would anyone else find this useful?

Yes! Also, hierarchical keywords. 'Art' 'Art:2D' 'Art:3D' 'Architecture' 'Architecture:2D' 'Architecture:Fronts'

Searching for 2D would bring up both 'Art:2D' and 'Architecture:2D'.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Yeah definitely! That would be awesome Now, we just wait until it gets implemented hopefully.

I'm curious though, how many people here use the current keywording system in iPhoto?

I think it's a decent setup, but I think it could be expanded and improved upon much more. The assigning of keywords and searching for them I think should be faster ane easier to do as opposed to having users wade through menus etc...

Anyways, I can't wait for more improvements to iPhoto. Hopefully, their not as few and far between as they used to be.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    I use the keywording a bit, and yeah, it's clunky.

I'd like to be able to select a bunch of photos, hit Cmd-I, and change various info bits like one does in iTunes. Keywords would be in a scrolling list with checkboxes, and a hierarchical (disclosure triangle) appearance. A little more obvious than the current utility window that pops up. And, a search field ala iTunes/Finder as well. Too useful.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    It would be extremely useful. In fact, it's the one thing keeping me from using iPhoto to organize ALL my pictures. I want:

Humor/Owned

Humor/Hit It

Humor/Gay

Humor/Political

...and so on . Right now I just stick to organizing everything in folders, and I use Simple Image Browser to view them. Much better than Preview for viewing multiple images - it's faster, automatically shows pictures at actual size or zoom-to-fit (whichever is smaller), and allows navigation through a folder structure. It's basically the "Browse Folder" feature from GraphicConverter, as a stand-along freeware application.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

I use the keywording a bit, and yeah, it's clunky.

I'd like to be able to select a bunch of photos, hit Cmd-I, and change various info bits like one does in iTunes. Keywords would be in a scrolling list with checkboxes, and a hierarchical (disclosure triangle) appearance. A little more obvious than the current utility window that pops up. And, a search field ala iTunes/Finder as well. Too useful.

Man, that's exactly what I would want. It would also really hike up the level of consistency that is starting to appear between the two applications (itunes\\iphoto).

Great ideas.

Luca - Cool, i'll check that app out, thanks!