::cough:: AAPL 27.04, MSFT 25.03 ::cough::

hirhir
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
too bad i don't own any AAPL stock tho : (

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    sorry to rain on your parade, but considering the fact that i think microsoft's stock has split more often than apple's, that stat is misleading if you've been a long standing shareholder in either.

also, apple's stock has been known to be insanely overvalued at times (anyone recall when it was like, over $130 a share?). at least, though, it is at a price where mere mortals can purchase a hundred shares or so...
  • Reply 2 of 8
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

sorry to rain on your parade, but considering the fact that i think microsoft's stock has split more often than apple's, that stat is misleading if you've been a long standing shareholder in either.

also, apple's stock has been known to be insanely overvalued at times (anyone recall when it was like, over $130 a share?). at least, though, it is at a price where mere mortals can purchase a hundred shares or so...

over priced?????? whacha call m$ at 90$?
  • Reply 3 of 8
    hirhir Posts: 66member
    Yeah, not sure what each of their total share volume is. But just looking at the past 3 month's performance, we're still looking at an impressive stat. Beginning of Jan '04, MSFT was 27.5 and AAPL was at 21.

Does this stat make my life any better? No. But it's still nice to see gdi.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    gamblorgamblor Posts: 446member
    Um, comparing stock prices in absence of any other statistics is rather silly. Look at the volumes of both stocks, for example. Today, 7.5 million shares of AAPL trades hands, while 61 million shares of MSFT were traded. Total it all up and the total value of AAPL traded was $200 million, and total value of MSFT was $1.5 billion. Stock price by itself is meaningless.

Now, if you want to compare stock values over, say, the past year, that might be interesting.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?t=1y&s...z=m&q=l&c=MSFT
  • Reply 5 of 8
    chris cuillachris cuilla Posts: 4,825member
    ::cough:: AAPL (market capitalization) $10B, MSFT (market capitalization) $270B ::cough::

Sorry.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Wow, Apple's at 27? Cool, it's been a long time...
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

Yeah, that 130 per share was back in 96 or 97 when the NASDAQ hit 5500. That was when things like Yahoo were "over valued" at 400 per share. At least Apple made a tangible product that you could use and put your hands on. What the heck did Yahoo make that made them valued at 400 per share, what is that, 200 times estimated earnings???
  • Reply 8 of 8
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chris Cuilla

::cough:: AAPL (market capitalization) $10B, MSFT (market capitalization) $270B ::cough::

Sorry.

Yeah, but that doesn't mean shit if you don't own stock in MS.

On a serious note, Apple is extremely undervalued if the rest of the industry is to be used as a metric. When Apple hits $130, it's not overvaluation.