can you use the ipod as a portable hd

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
ok i just bought an i pod, and i am wondering why two things happen really, First thing is when plug it into my mac it appears for a split second then opens itunes, so i tried timing myself to click on the ipod symobl, so is there a way to stop it disapearing? Ok the other one is there a way to store my graphic design well photoshop and jpegs on it?

cheers dan

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    plug in your ipod and then in itunes select your ipod in the source list on the left then click on the ipod preferences button at the bottom left of the itunes window. you can select the options you want.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    yup, check 'enable firewire disk use' and you can throw anything you want on there, even os x if you really want (ps. dont violate copyright laws )
  • Reply 3 of 5
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    I'm just wondering. How does this relate to using the ipod as a portable Hard drive?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by quagmire

I'm just wondering. How does this relate to using the ipod as a portable Hard drive?

uh he wants to use his ipod as a portable hard drive, and we told him how. was that so hard to understand?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by quagmire

Not batting a thousand today?