Songs disappear from iTunes Music Store?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Has anyone noticed songs disappearing from Apple's music store? I saw a song while "window shopping" and then when I went back later (days) to purchase it, it was gone. It was a song from Israel Kamakawiwo'ole (ok a bit off the beaten path) but it was there and now it's not. Why would they bother to upload songs and then remove them?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carson O'Genic

Has anyone noticed songs disappearing from Apple's music store? I saw a song while "window shopping" and then when I went back later (days) to purchase it, it was gone. It was a song from Israel Kamakawiwo'ole (ok a bit off the beaten path) but it was there and now it's not. Why would they bother to upload songs and then remove them?

They were sold out. Wait for the truck to come in on Tuesday.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    osxaddictosxaddict Posts: 131member
    The artist or record label might have had them pulled. Or Apple removed it due to low sales?

When iTMS first started they had Radiohead's OK Computer, which I bought. A few days later and it was gone! I think it was the record company who wanted it pulled. Which sucks.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by OSXaddict

The artist or record label might have had them pulled. Or Apple removed it due to low sales?.

Apple would never remove a song due to low sales, not at this stage in the game at least.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    maybe they pulled the song because his name is too long and hard to pronounce.

OR

maybe the Bush admin pulled it because his name has 'Israel' in it.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    You folks are funny

PS the Bush admin like Israel, but i don't know their position on Hawaiians.

Makes no sense to remove songs because not selling well. How much could iit sot them to have it on their servers?

More likely a record company thing.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    fuzz_ballfuzz_ball Posts: 390member
    They have most definitely pulled songs. For what reason I don't know, but a while back I searched for, found, and bought a Motley Crue song. They only had a limited selection at the time. Recently (2 weeks ago) I searched again to see if any new Crue had been added. There is no sign of any of that artists music on ITMS.