Hello, i'm a new member :)

neoneo
Posted:
in General Discussion edited November 2014
Hello, i'm a new member here

I like Macs. ihave a 800mhz iMac with a slot loading drive, but it's not working right now. in about 2 weeks i'm gonna get an Apple Powerbook G4.

-Neø

Comments

• Reply 1 of 44
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Welcome to AI!

Glad you like Macs, but what is wrong with your iMac? Also, how could you possibly have an 800 MHz slot-loading iMac? All slot-loading iMacs were between 350 MHz and 700 MHz. The 800 MHz iMac is a tray-loader, and it's the new LCD + G4 style.

I think it's great that you're getting a PowerBook, but don't give up on fixing the iMac. I'm sure if you ask the right questions (and provide the right information), someone here will be able to help you fix the iMac.

Oh, and it's kind of cute, but try not to post in that blue color every time. It's a bit distracting, and if you do it all the time people may get irritated with it.
  • Reply 2 of 44
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    i agree with what luca said about the color, and welcome!
  • Reply 3 of 44
    ganondorfganondorf Posts: 573member
    Please continue to post in light blue.

Thank you.
  • Reply 4 of 44
    neoneo Posts: 271member
    i post at a non-Mac forum and when i described my iMac to the people there, they said eww and stuff and when i asked what might be the processor speed, one guy said that it's probably 800Mhz because itr's not the original 333Mhz model.

-Neø
  • Reply 5 of 44
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    Welcome. I just want to point out you do not piss off the administrators ( except Amorph he is nice) and Mods( especialy locash and murbot). When they lock your threads they sometimes put out some mean insults. Do you have panther or any other OS X installed? If you do go to the apple symbol on the menu bar ( not the dock below) And you will see about my mac. Click it and it should tell you almost everything about your imac.
  • Reply 6 of 44
    Quote:

Originally posted by Neø

i post at a non-Mac forum and when i described my iMac to the people there, they said eww and stuff and when i asked what might be the processor speed, one guy said that it's probably 800Mhz because itr's not the original 333Mhz model.

-Neø

They obviously don't know much about Macs if they said "eew" when you mentioned that you had an iMac. They didn't give you the right information.

What does it look like? Do you have OS X or OS 9? I'd love to help you fix it if it's somehow broken.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and don't worry too much about the moderators. They'll go easy on you, for a while. They won't treat you badly unless you provoke it.
  • Reply 7 of 44
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Neø

-Neø

Ah... you've already been victimized by PC centric misinformation.

Well, you've come to the right place lad!

(gestures expansively at "Apple Outsider", notices several fistfights in progress)

Err...well, the vicinity of the right place...

Be sure to check out the many fine forums above us.
  • Reply 8 of 44
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    i like your visual of AO addabox...
  • Reply 9 of 44
    I've come here from a forum named TechIMO. That forum is about overclocking processors, Mostly AMD Athlons and Pentium 4's. Most people there use Linux or Windows XP. And their PC are custom built, by them (not companies). As i have discovered they are not afraid to show off their anti-mac spirit. The people there are very nice, but they don't trust me as much as other members because i'm a relatively new member. I have 2 PC's and i might end up getting 2 more along with building a PC server.My PC's are cheap one is an eMachines and another is a Gateway. The gateway really deserves an eww. I have to have it running without a case, only the frame to keep the guts in place. I had to put in 2 fans and i'm gonna have to replace the powersuply. I fix computers. Both PC's and Macs. I like Macs Better because of the quality and the way they handle graphics. Last year i took a graphic design class and i had to help everyone with the Macs that they were using. Nobody there except me was Mac literate. The wors problem with a Mac in that class was that when someone pulled on the power plug of the computer that i was using and when i turned it on again it had a folder with a question mark picture come up which is the same thing as a PC saying "no operating system found" in white print on black screen. That ment thet the master boot record got corrupted. The teacher gave me a system restore disk and i was back to work in no time.

-Neø
  • Reply 10 of 44
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Welcome.

A bit of advice:

If you ever feel like you'd be interested in participated in a political thread in AppleOutsider, turn your iMac off, slam your head against a wall repeatedly, and scratch your nails on a chalkboard until your ears bleed.

That's basically what it's like to post in em, but this way you don't make enemies.
  • Reply 11 of 44
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Neø

Hello, i'm a new member here

-Neø

Greetings, I extend a warm welcome to you

fellows
  • Reply 12 of 44
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rageous

Welcome.

A bit of advice:

If you ever feel like you'd be interested in participated in a political thread in AppleOutsider, turn your iMac off, slam your head against a wall repeatedly, and scratch your nails on a chalkboard until your ears bleed.

That's basically what it's like to post in em, but this way you don't make enemies.

LMFAO!

• Reply 13 of 44
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Quote:

Originally posted by quagmire

Welcome. I just want to point out you do not piss off the administers and Mods. When they lock your threads they sometimes put out sme mean insults. [snip]

Dude, quagmire...I wonder if you noticed that they only insult you when they lock your threads because you never have anything intelligent to say.

Welcome to AI Neo, hope you enjoy your stay!
  • Reply 14 of 44
    Quote:

Originally posted by Fellowship

Greetings, I extend a warm welcome to you

fellows

Yeah, and just because Fellowship is religious and goes to Church and acts all friendly... don't take that "warm welcome" the wrong way. He isn't a member of the Clergy. You're cool.

• Reply 15 of 44
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Quote:

Originally posted by quagmire

Welcome. I just want to point out you do not piss off the administers and Mods. When they lock your threads they sometimes put out sme mean insults.

I have many more sme insults just waiting for the perfect thread to use them in.

I'm not sure who the hell these "admininsters" are though. Are you referring to the people who are religious about blocking ads?

Oops, nevermind. I thought that was "administers" you had there. Admininsters though? Now I really have no idea what to say.

*insert sme insult*
  • Reply 16 of 44
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

I'm not sure who the hell these "admininsters" are though. Are you referring to the people who are religious about blocking ads?

Oops, nevermind. I thought that was "administers" you had there. Admininsters though? Now I really have no idea what to say.

*insert sme insult*

ad-ministers?

LMAO

-Neø
  • Reply 17 of 44
    Perhaps he meant "ADMI NINsters?" That is, members of the American Dye Manufacturers Institute who are into Nine Inch Nails? I don't think we have any of those here.

Or perhaps he meant Ad Minin' 'Sters. Not sure what a 'ster is, but I guess it means person
  • Reply 18 of 44
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    welcome to AI Neo!

whoa what the hell???? there's an Intel ad above me!!! ad-ministers get on that!

--ipod

ps: i wish i lived in SoCal.
  • Reply 19 of 44
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

Originally posted by LoCash

Yeah, and just because Fellowship is religious and goes to Church and acts all friendly... don't take that "warm welcome" the wrong way. He isn't a member of the Clergy. You're cool.

LOL Ohhh I needed a laugh! How funny
  • Reply 20 of 44
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    I have only this question for you, Neo:

Are you the one, or just another ordinary human being?