First ever hurricane in South Atlantic . . .

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
HERE

Hmm?!?!

Strange weather . . . . any possible ideas why anything this freaky would happen?

Seems kind of strange to me . . . lets ask the National Scientific Advisory board (forget actual name) so we can talk to the 'Ford Motors' approved non-scientist advisor and ask his opinion as to what the science behind this strange weather might be . . . .

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    first ever? given the rather long history of weather on this planet, and the relatively short history of mankind on this planet, I'm not so sure we're qualified to make this kind of call.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    oh come on rageous...
  • Reply 3 of 12
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by billybobsky

oh come on rageous...

seriously . . . I thought it wouldn't need that kind of qualifier . .. but some people just need to nit-pick and miss the forest entirely. . . .
  • Reply 4 of 12
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Actually my reply was meant to be light hearted, but see how it can come across as the opposite.

Sorry for that. It wasn't my intention to be a ball buster.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,015member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

HERE

Hmm?!?!

Strange weather . . . . any possible ideas why anything this freaky would happen?

Seems kind of strange to me . . . lets ask the National Scientific Advisory board (forget actual name) so we can talk to the 'Ford Motors' approved non-scientist advisor and ask his opinion as to what the science behind this strange weather might be . . . .

Or maybe we could send Al Gore down to Brazil to give a speech on the country not getting enough rainfall.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    The best/worst part was the Brazilian government claiming there was no hurricane.

Um...ok.

There is no hurricane, there is no hurricane, there is no (RIPPPPPPP) (roof rips off)
  • Reply 7 of 12
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    If the winds aren't high enough then it's not a hurricane. When the national weather service calls something a tropical storm is it a big over up of a hurricane?
  • Reply 8 of 12
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    Perhaps it would be more accurate to call this the first tropical storm to strike south of the equator?
  • Reply 9 of 12
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Global warming!! El Niño?
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

If the winds aren't high enough then it's not a hurricane. When the national weather service calls something a tropical storm is it a big over up of a hurricane?

what is "a big over up of a" mean?
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by SDW2001

Or maybe we could send Al Gore down to Brazil to give a speech on the country not getting enough rainfall.

Let's make insipid jokes . . . .

from a man who wears his sig well!

• Reply 12 of 12
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    They disagree with us over if it was a hurricane or not? Well, then, I think it is time to bomb the weather folks down there until they see it OUR way.