iPod stuck Need Help Now

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
My iPod is stuck on the screen Do Not Disconnect.

Now here my story.

Many times when i put my ipod in the dock, (I hava a 20gb 3g ipod) and the ipod starts saying connecting to computer do not disconnect. Well iTunes should open up and start synching iPod, but many times iTunes doesnt open and the computer doesnt realize i have the ipod plugged in to it. So the only option is to pull out the iPod, when it says do not disconnect. So i have done this before and the iPod looks stunned but then comes to the regular screen. But this time i had to pull it out and it is stuck on this one screen. It is really warm and i can hear the processor working. But none of the buttons work and it just is stuck there.

Please help how do i fix this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    You might want to try a restore. Just wipe everything from the iPod and start over. That seems like your best bet.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
    Did you try to reset the iPod?

I think it is the middle two buttons of the four (the menu and play button).
  • Reply 3 of 4
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    this happens to me once every 4 months or so. i just unplug (despite the warning), reset (yes, middle buttons), and plug back in. also, the next time finder actually detects it, go into disk utility and verify the disk/permissions or whatever you want on your ipod. i did this once and it found a problem and fixed it (it might have been what youre talking about).
  • Reply 4 of 4
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    Yeah I had the same problem about a month and a half ago.

A simple re-set fixed the prob... this was after I had been running around for an hour trying to think of how I could fix it (I forgto how to reset it). Mine also got really warm and I could hear the processor.

After I had reset it I plugged it in and ran disk util on it and it found a prob which it fixed. I haven't had the prob since.

Les T