German Apple Online Store Hot News Ticker: New iBooks!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 19
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I went there. Went to the hardware section AND the store. Checked the specs. Still 800, 933 and 1GHZ.

Nothing's changed. They're calling them "new", but they also call the PowerBooks "new".

BTW, I dig German...you can pretty much understand it even if you don't speak it.

What are you talking about?
  • Reply 2 of 19
    oldmacfanoldmacfan Posts: 501member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

http://www.apple.com/de/

doesn't it say the new G4 iBook, as if they had just got rid of the G3 ibook?
  • Reply 3 of 19
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    Check the front page...the moving news ticker...it says new iBooks. Maybe they are calling them new when they really arent???

I dont know, my head hurts.
  • Reply 4 of 19
    oldmacfanoldmacfan Posts: 501member
    Quote:

Check the front page...the moving news ticker...it says new iBooks. Maybe they are calling them new when they really arent???

I dont know, my head hurts.

Time for you to go to sleep now so you can wake up and be dismayed at no new Apple hardware tomorrow.

• Reply 5 of 19
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

*frantic-maybe-something-something-please-god-anything*

Lord, you are too funny. Get some sleep you freak.
  • Reply 6 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

Lord, you are too funny. Get some sleep you freak.

Das Ende of my life.

• Reply 7 of 19
    Maybe the G4 iBooks just got to Europe? \

Again, go to the hardware section...they're pretty much calling EVERYTHING "neue" in the header graphic: the 20" iMac, the PowerBook family, the dual 1.8 G5 and the 15GB iPod.

Since the store isn't down, the specs read the same on the store page AND in the "tech specs" section of the iBook G4 portion of the website, I'm guessing this is just them giving the iBooks a little front page ticker attention.

Why, I don't know. Maybe it's education buying season there or something? Or maybe, just like David Hasselhoff, Germans love iBooks?

I mean, think: would they update their ticker (on the front page, for everyone to easily see) BEFORE they updated the store or iBook pages? I doubt it.
  • Reply 8 of 19
    Go to the often overlooked *US* store:

Hmmm. A few 'new' items. Huh?
  • Reply 9 of 19
    Hell, we're as crazy as them! OR...NEW POWERBOOKS, IMACS, IPODS, G5 AND IBOOKS!

Wake the neighbors!

Wait...I'm getting a vision. Something metallic, with rounded edges. Small and portable. Wait...it's getting clearer now. Ooh, Ive has outdone himself this time, guys:

[lobs a friendly lawn dart Messiahtosh's way...]
  • Reply 10 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

Wake the neighbors!

Wait...I'm getting a vision. Something metallic, with rounded edges. Small and portable. Wait...it's getting clearer now. Ooh, Ive has outdone himself this time, guys:

• Reply 11 of 19
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    I'm all for being optimistic and whatnot...but do you really stay up all night looking at the global Apple sites checking for leaks?

These guys are right, you do need some sleep

I'm hoping as much as you are for the new stuff to come out, but even I have my limits.
  • Reply 12 of 19
    Please, don't let this guy see any MacZone, MacMall etc. catalogs. All the Apple products in these catalogs are "New" and "Just Announced."
  • Reply 13 of 19
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    It's becoming too much, this tomfoolery.

"The Apple site is down!...oh wait, it's back a minute later."

"The German Apple Site has 'New iBooks!'"

"Some arbitrary rumor site says something is going to be updated at WWDC!"

Come on, people!
  • Reply 14 of 19
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

"Some arbitrary rumor site says something is going to be updated at WWDC!"

Something is gonna be updated at WWDC

You're right though. People are way too jumpy over things. I'm excited for the new products, but I don't have to change my pants every time the picture on apple.com changes. Like I said, optimism is a good thing, but we're getting ridiculous here people. Calm down a bit...simma down naw!
  • Reply 15 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carson O'Genic

Please, don't let this guy see any MacZone, MacMall etc. catalogs. All the Apple products in these catalogs are "New" and "Just Announced."

• Reply 16 of 19
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:

http://www.apple.com/de/

Man, I think you need to take a break from AI.

This thread, the thread about APPL stock going up 87¢.....

You are seriously grasping at straws.
  • Reply 17 of 19
    jobjob Posts: 420member
    I think we're all a little desperate at the fact there arn't any significant rumors like the G4->G5 transition that occured last year.

I don't think anything could ever rival that heady atmosphere of rumors, chip speeds and heat, 64-bitness, forum users with actual inside info, and assorted extras.
  • Reply 18 of 19
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Brad?????

Lock, pleeeeeeeeease
  • Reply 19 of 19
    So be it.