Anyone wanna trade iPods?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
For a long time I've been just slightly less than satisfied with my iPod. It's a third generation 10 GB, and I just remember how much I liked my old 5 GB a while back. This one is just not the same. Yeah, it's small and light, it has smooth corners, and the backlight is really cool, but I just far prefer the mechanical controls of the originals.

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to trade their second-generation (touchwheel) iPod with me. Either the 10 GB or the 20 GB will work, and it should have good battery life. We can work out how much cash needs to go either way if anyone is interested. I will also include a pretty worn remote and a blue iSkin Exo2. No original earbuds.

Drop me a private message or an email if you're interested.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    cam'roncam'ron Posts: 503member
    anyone want to switch a mini for my 15gb? i didnt want to wait till july to get a mini so i got that now. but i would rather have a mini.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca

...but I just far prefer the mechanical controls of the originals.Drop me a private message or an email if you're interested.

I know how you feel. I'm hoping that the next generation of iPod non-minis brings back more tactile controls. I don't mind the non-mechanical scrolling action, but I want the five main functions (menu, play/pause, select, forward, back) to have a definite physical click action associated with them.

I'd settle for a larger version of the mini's control wheel, although what I'd really like is something more like the current layout but with tactile feedback.

Even better, I'd like to see the volume control separate from the scroll wheel. Although there is a certain pleasing minimalism to the current design, I really want volume control to always be immediately accessible, rather than being a special modality where you sometimes get stuck having to wait for a time-out to get back to where you can adjust the volume.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    podmatepodmate Posts: 183member
    I also agree. I bought a 3G 20gb a while back. After playing around with it for a while I begain thinking how much better my 5gb is than the 3G. So, I gave my wife the 20gb and kept the 5gb for myself.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    I'm with all o y'all.

I've got one of the new pods. It's cool to have 20gb and all, but the buttons are better on the old iPod and that's the way it is.

Oh, and eight hours of battery is lame.

I had much more affection for my old one than I do for my new.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Well, the deal is open again after the one offer I got fell through. The person who was going to trade with me needed better battery life than mine had.

Still open to offers... anyone?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    tacojohntacojohn Posts: 980member
    I still got that original 5gig + $75 that I would trade for a 10gig 3G iPod...

lol..