Timecode errors lead to lost audio sync - HELP!!!11

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I have a few tapes of video, and in the middle of them, the audio starts to lose sync with the video. If I capture segments of it alone, the audio's fine...but when I cap the whole thing, the timecode goes to 00:00:00 several times.

How do I avoid/fix this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    what program? this can be a number of problems.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    noleli2noleli2 Posts: 129member
    I don't remember for sure since it's been a while since I've done video work, but if you're working with some kind of pro-format you might be able to stripe the tape with fresh TC without erasing it. But I'm not 100% sure.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

what program? this can be a number of problems.

Sorry...I'm tired.

It's Final Cut Express 2.0.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    ok, go into prefs, and look in there for something that says "sync adjust for video longer than" or something like that. what it might be doing is trying to compensate for an audio track that is out of line, but the audio track is fine the way it is. uncheck that box i was talking about earlier and see what happens. also, in prefs, you may want to move all the scratch disks, waveform caches, etc, to one place, so the disk can write faster. i hope that all made sense. let us know how that works out.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    ps5533ps5533 Posts: 476member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

ok, go into prefs, and look in there for something that says "sync adjust for video longer than" or something like that. what it might be doing is trying to compensate for an audio track that is out of line, but the audio track is fine the way it is. uncheck that box i was talking about earlier and see what happens. also, in prefs, you may want to move all the scratch disks, waveform caches, etc, to one place, so the disk can write faster. i hope that all made sense. let us know how that works out.

that should help thanks....i was working with placebo