New Google look?

homhom
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Am I the only that that doesn't like the new, albeit slight, changes to the way Google looks?

I don't know, maybe I need to get used to it. \

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    I like it.

I got to see it a couple weeks ago when instructions were leaked about how to access the beta-testing of the new look.
  • Reply 2 of 17
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    I noticed.

Didn't care.

The changes are so slight that most people will never even notice.
  • Reply 3 of 17
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    I noticed it and was like "WTF?"....dont like the changes, they shouldve kept it as is
  • Reply 4 of 17
    I'm with Brad, I used the javascript and seen it a while back. I personally like the new changes. Its probably only because I have been using google so much for so long any change is welcomed.
  • Reply 5 of 17
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Google Australia has had this look for a month or so. Horray for being test bunnies.
  • Reply 6 of 17
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    I never use the Google site.... just the Google search field in Safari.

It could be worse.... "How Would You Redo the Google Interface?"
  • Reply 7 of 17
    It is OK. I really don't notice it that much. I just want my search results!
  • Reply 8 of 17
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Agent Macintosh

It is OK. I really don't notice it that much. I just want my search results!

Me too.

But I miss the tabs on the opening page. Now they just have seperate hyperlinks. It looks rather home-made.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Akumulator

It could be worse.... "How Would You Redo the Google Interface?"

This guy's idea is almost as insane as he is:

WHAT ME CRAZY/!??!?/1/?!?11one!?/!?!??!?
  • Reply 10 of 17
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SilentEchoes

I'm with Brad, I used the javascript and seen it a while back. I personally like the new changes. Its probably only because I have been using google so much for so long any change is welcomed.

yeah, yeah, and i liked your favorite band before they were popular i really miss the tabs. i think the new look feels cheap where the old one felt simple
  • Reply 11 of 17
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

The changes are so slight that most people will never even notice.

That's right. I haven't really noticed any changes in my daily use of Google. You guys say there used to be tabs, which were replaced with pure text links? I would assume they did this to eliminate graphics and speed load times even further, which trumps all other concerns in my book.

Escher
  • Reply 12 of 17
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Akumulator

I never use the Google site.... just the Google search field in Safari.

And that shows you the result on the redesigned Google page (the front page hasn't changed)
  • Reply 13 of 17
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Escher

That's right. I haven't really noticed any changes in my daily use of Google. You guys say there used to be tabs, which were replaced with pure text links? I would assume they did this to eliminate graphics and speed load times even further, which trumps all other concerns in my book.

Escher

They were not graphical tabs, just a little table that looked like tabs, iirc.

oh well, life goes on.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    kanekane Posts: 392member
    Actually, I preferred the old tabbed look. It had more a perception of substance. Now the page looks almost naked.
  • Reply 15 of 17
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    I like it. Having quicker access to some of the more obscure tools is convenient, and that's what it's all about. The lighter shade of blue used in the results bar is purdy too.
  • Reply 16 of 17
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    slightly off topic, but it pisses me off how everyone is calling google bad and trying to come out with their own search stuff (M$ cough cough). google is great, you just have to know how to use it. if dumb people would just learn how to use quotation marks and enter the right keywords, everything would be fine.

ps--i like the new look too.
  • Reply 17 of 17
    xionjaxionja Posts: 504member
    can't say i'm very fond of the new look.

i kinda noticed it and thought , oh no, google changed.