HELP!!!!!!!! iTunes will not load

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Ok, so I boot up my comp today and open up iTunes. It acts as if its loading up and then doesnt load. I am using iTunes 4.0.1 on Mac OS 10.2 (10.2.0 that is....as some of you may know I had a HD crash and had to reinstall the OS, and my internet connection wont allow for me to get OS updates). This hsa never happened to me before, I even restarted and then tried to load it a few times and still nothing comes up. I went into ownership & Permissions and its not locked or anything...I screwed around with that and it still does nothing. I need to fix this ASAP

ALso, I have another problem that isnt so significant that appeared yesterday. When I went to open up Camino (0.7) it gave me a message that there was an error finding my bookmarks....so all of my previous bookmarks are gone. What's the deal here???

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    I just did a repair permissions through Disk Utility and it still wont open.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    17 views and yet nobody will reply......I would really appreciate some help here......

I just downloaded the newest version of iTunes (4.2) and it still doesnt open....bobs up and down for a couple seconds then disappears
  • Reply 3 of 9
    We really need to remove that "viewed" column from the list...
  • Reply 4 of 9
    formerlurkerformerlurker Posts: 2,686member
    Have you tried creating a new User account?
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by FormerLurker

Have you tried creating a new User account?

Well I would try....but I notice that I cant even click on "capabilities".....so I wouldnt be able to make a user that could access the system.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    dcmac32dcmac32 Posts: 67member
    Have you tried trashing your iTunes plists. Try that, it might help.

Brian
  • Reply 7 of 9
    No.....how would I do that if I cant open it??? I dunno where its located.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by TigerWoods99

No.....how would I do that if I cant open it??? I dunno where its located.

iTunes' preferences are stored in the exact same place as all other preferecnes:

~/Library/Preferences

Specifically, it's the com.apple.iTunes.plist file.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Thanks man, works now.