Networking

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I would like to network my Powerbook with my Windows computer. The problem is that I do not know anything about networking. So my questions are how would I network my Powerbook with my Windows.

I have never setted up a network on my windows, so that part I need help with.

What do I do after I setted up the network on the windows computer, how do I connect it to my Mac?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Life-n-Death

I would like to network my Powerbook with my Windows computer. The problem is that I do not know anything about networking. So my questions are how would I network my Powerbook with my Windows.

I have never setted up a network on my windows, so that part I need help with.

What do I do after I setted up the network on the windows computer, how do I connect it to my Mac?

Open System Preferences. Go to the Sharing preference pane. Check "Windows file sharing". Look in the bottom of the of the window and it'll tell you what to do.

On the windows machine, right click on "my computer" and pick "map network drive". Put in the IP address exactly as shown in the mac's sharing window (in red in my screen cap). If you need to log in as a different user, make sure you click in the correct area in that dialog box.